I am 26 and have had occasional tough stool issues since childhood. But I haven’t had constipation since the month of May’18. From December I decided to make some healthy changes to my lifestyle so I stopped eating bread. I traveled overseas for a week and that’s when it all started.
I started having various issues with my stool although my diet involved vegetables (cereals as well as green leafy), wheat tortilla, lots of water (I have always been doing that).
The first week when I returned back, I took a great dump. Literally loads of it, it was so soft and felt healthy except for little cramping because of excess poop.
After that, I couldn’t poop for almost 4 days (took laxatives, probiotics, ate fruits etc)- nothing. I was feeling bloated, but it didnt feel like constipation. Tummy felt soft as well. Pooped on the 5th day, no sign of constipation.
Visited NP at work, she suggested few doses of lax, probiotic and asked me to increase my fiber intake.
From that week I am facing constipation.
Last week I strained too much because the head of my poop was big and tough. I knew I was straining a bit too much. Pooped a lot after the first constipated piece was dumped.
I felt something near my rectal area while cleaning my business. Checked it later just to find out something like a small neutral color wax drop. Which thankfully vanished completely after 3 hours.
Next 2 days poop was fine. No issues.
On the 3rd day after that incidence, I got something like small external hemorrhoid near my rectal area even though the stool I passed was soft! (Haven’t gotten my colon checked yet by a professional)
It’s the third day since then and I still have it.
I had extreme difficulty in passing stool today, I don’t know how and why but the stool again was constipated and small plus it kinda burned a bit. I literally am eating fruits, veggies, probiotic, I also had a stool softener pill for the first time last night and have been drinking warm water.
I don’t know what else to do. I am scared and frustrated. It’s been around 15 days that I am having irregular bowel movement. What can I do!😓
P.S- I haven’t faced anything like this before.
My diet includes- veggies, fruits, plenty of water, and wheat tortilla
Meds taken- probiotics(since a week), lax(5 times since 15 days), stool softner(just once)
Any feedback is appreciated!
- Apple / EngblamerYou probably have IBS the constipation kind, go to a doc , he will ask for a stool check . Then the world will open up for all sorts of prescription drugs. It will bring relief to your colon.
- Why in that entire novella was there not one mention of seeing your doctor?
Posting here first just confirms your irresponsibility for your health.
- Which doctor is available on a weekend? I have sought professional advice for constipation and other things, but few things have happened recently. I just wanted to see if someone else has suffered through a similar situation and has home remedies until monday. If you cant help, at least dont post useless comments to belittle someone.
- I'm sorry, did this constipation and hemorrhoids show up Friday evening? If so, I take back everything I said.
If not (and that's the case), I stand by every word. Every day you don't deal with this, there literally can be irreparable damage happening. I say this as someone who has dealt with bowel paresis.
I'm sorry you are reading that as belittlement. It's simply honest and pure wtf-ism with a side of compassion for your colon. Seriously, Blind is the wrong place (by itself or at all) to be asking questions like this. Go see a fucking doctor. Consider that the value statement.Jan 60
- Thank you for your concern, I really appreciate it, , but learn to be a bit more polite. If someone is feeling helpless, you be kind instead of being ignorant or rude. You just know a part of the story so ask questions instead of being all judgmental. If you haven’t read things correctly, I have mentioned that I have sought professional help, but few new things have happened over the weekend. Anyway, I have no interest in this argument anymore. Adios.Jan 60
- Intuit CowsRfuzzyKeep figuring it out. I had a friend who had a sensitive stomach his whole life. The stomach finally got cancerous when he was 32 and he died within a few months.
- Oracle buzzrdDon't sit on the pot for long or go by the clock - wait for the urge! Keep the probiotics going. Your gut may have changed with exposure to different bacteria wherever you traveled or something else in your diet. Stop anything which has diuretic effect (coffee, tea) and sugars to see if that helps. Take limited dose of anti-inflammatory otc meds. See a doc.
- While you are figuring this out, try to take miralax to keep your stools soft. That way you wont worsen hemorrhoids or get anal fissures. Miralax wont make you poop like other laxatives. It just retains water in gut and makes stool soft. So its harmless
- Zendesk tangerine8That’s pretty intense. You should see a professional, I don’t think anyone on Blind can actually help
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- AMD / EngZootaxyTry fiber supplement like metamucil. You will need to take it every day. Also drink lots of water.
- Have you tried eating chickpeas? Immediate relief from constipation! Increase intake of lentils too.