I have worked 2 years in Cisco India. I am joining back Cisco in San Jose after my Masters. They are offering me Grade 6 at 117k base+ 6% bonus and 9k relocation. Should I ask them for Grade 8 with 135k, 12% bonus? Would that be fair to ask that?
TOP 50 Comments
- Cisco rXeU48Cisco does not negotiate new grad offers and is standard for everyone joining out of college. That applies to grade, base pay, bonus and relocation. If you've previously had work experience, that adds a little on top of the standard new grad offer. Less that 5k to your base. That's about it.
- I had worked for 3 years in Cisco India.. joined as g4 and left as g6.. then came for masters here.. I knew a lot of people in Cisco SJ.. so was able to wrestle and get g8.. but initially they had offered g6 only but.. 135k for g8 seems insane.. that is starting g10 salary
- Grade 4 is default for bachelors and 6 got masters.
Cisco isn’t crazy about fresh grads because plenty of folks apply but if you go have a fang offer to compete do play!
- Yes, ask for it. I doubt if they will go for it. But at the very least ask for higher base pay and may be some rsu's too. Don't settle for what they are giving u now
- They do negotitate, i was able to move them to 126k for grade 6 with no prior work ex and this is like 2years back
- Also, I was already working at Grade 6 in India. Does that even matter?
This comment was deleted by original commenter.