EDIT: Choose Netflix
Recently got offer in these three. Netflix is in bay area, the other two will be in NYC. TC is similar but with different stuctures.
Citadel HF: backend developer position in hedge fund department. Comp is heavy on bonus.
Instagram: E5 with top TC with structure you can expect with other fb offers.
Netflix: All cash. Backend position on media platform.
I'm seeking advice/perspective on the growth potential of me as an employee and the whole company, and also on the location between bay area and nyc.
I also have some specific questions.
For citadel: There is no performance multiplier on bonus, I woud like to know how the bonus target for swe role will be adjusted for next year if I'm a top performer this year?
For facebook/instagram: What does the wlb look like in NYC office? I heard nyc office is going through a big expansion. Is it true?
For netflix: How is the internal mobility look like? There is just one level in netflix. If in the future I want to move other companies, will that hurt my package and leveling in new company?
If someone has experience in two or all three these companies, and can share some comparison, that will be super helpful for me.
The technical challenges in these companies look like at the same level of interest to me. For the next 5 years. I would like to focus on learning technology/practices and eventually shift focus to engineering management/ run my own startup.
P.S. 4YOE with bachelor degree, married.
EDIT: Choose Netflix
- Google PqmzDon't take Citadel with these other offers. Engineering is a support function. NYC isn't even the HQ. All three are known to be stressful churn and burn places, but the degree may differ. Bay Area vs. NYC choice could be based on your lifestyle preference.
- Facebook HaggleHow’d you get senior offers with 4 yoe?
I can speak to IG in nyc. We’ve got a pretty good culture here. We have happy hours often and have the nicest floor in fbny with a smoothie shop on the same floor. Office is central in nyc. Also We’re opening up more floors.
- What's your tech stack? The offers are pretty sick already, for 4yoe. Do you have some advanced niche expertise like AI\ML\etc?
- Finance bonuses are basically opaque equity grants, you can expect it to grow yoy.
- Btw, tax wise, what's better: "all cash" or equal offer but RSUs? (In terms of netto cash that year after tax)