Cloudy thinking, not focused? Bupropion?Oct 7
Suffering from PCOS, insulin resistance and fibromyalgia. It has gotten really bad now that I am in my 30s.
Anyone in a similar boat? What do you do? Been to a few doctors and was prescribed Buproprion. The stimulant helps as long as I take it in time - it usually hits me 2-3 hours after taking it. Example: One at 7am and aother dose at 12pm just to get through the day. One before going to bed just so I can get out of bed the next day.
- Intel ³ⁿCan explain what exactly Buproprion was prescribed for? Do you know if it has any side effects? I have same problem - cloudy thinking, find it extremely hard to focus.
- Bupropion is prescribed primarily as an antidepressant or to quit smoking.
It works in a similar way to Adderall. They both are reuptake inhibitors of dopamine and norepinephrine (aka adrenaline), however the balance between how those two neurotransmitters varies between these drugs.
Bupropion will make you focused and confident.
Bupropion gave me dry mouth, dry eyes (no big deal other than I couldn’t wear contacts and take it), some crazy paranoid thoughts about the Chinese secret agents spying on me (although I could easily tell they were crazy thoughts. Wtf brain?!) and made me very confident, almost uncomfortably so. I started yelling at scammers in the street who were trying to get money from tourists.
For the time it did work though, it was like a magical cure for depression and focus.
It starts working just after (30m on an empty stomach) you take the pills, and stops working later that day.Oct 73
- Yeah, it's really weird how it only works for a few hours you take it, although the half life is said to be 12+ hours.
It is actually day and night difference. Saved my job, actually.
But I just feel it's not enough to drive me to study hard and find a better job with better TC.Oct 81
- Microsoft SilicaKeep your weight in check. Eat more protein. Work out at least 3 times a week for 40 mins or more preferably weight training.
- The funniest thing is that I just stopped dating a vegan because of this. And now, I can't get myself to eat animals on a daily basis. 😭
Joined Optavia program and am trying to find low carb, vegan/vegetarian cookbook. 😁 And have started doing 10k a day. Used to swim 3 days a week, but just lost interest. :/Oct 70
- Bupropion is an amazing drug.
I took it for a few months.
Unfortunately in some people it just stops working someday. Sometimes after a few months, sometimes after a few years.