I think my coworkers are mildly addicted to coca-cola. They drink it like it's water. Probably like a dozen cans a day, each.
They've stacked up a massive Coke can pyramid.
It's ridiculous. How do I politely inform them of the negative consequences of their actions?
- Proofpoint / EngfoodtruckjAs long as they don't line up coke on the desk, roll a dollar bill, and suck it up their nose it is none of your concern.
- Amazon lolwhatI had the same thought about my coworker, then I found the perfect solution and it worked like charm for all of us. It's called minding one's own business.
- I had a co-worker who did the same (could be the same person as one of yours). It's the same situation as smokers, they're making a conscious choice to sacrifice health for short term satisfaction. If the pyramid is not intruding on your space then it's really none of your business what they choose to do with their lives
- You should only address the trash accumulation if it actually affects you or your productivity. Talking to them about their consumption will reflect quite poorly on you, so best not discuss it. I would liken it to proselytizing at work.
- New Pepe.FrogYou should write an internal memo about why there are so many coke addicts in engineering roles at Google.
- New / EnggreenleetI'm sure they know about negative consequences. If they are smart enough to get into Google, they are smart enough to understand negative health consequences. It's their concious choice -- respect it.
- Broadcom Ltd. / EngheadbangermoreWhat are you talking about?! You have to change the entire Google culture first. When I had an on-site interview there years ago, the HR took me on a tour and the first thing she said: let me take you to our most popular room! Then she took me to your “candy room” and tried to impress me by showing off stacks of Snickers and M&M’s. I almost told her: is it very Googlish to make your engineers diabetic by the age of 40?!!
Kindergarten culture 😂😂😂😂😂
- Microsoft QwpoI usually tell people, you know that’s not good for you - it messes with your body in many ways. If they ask I become more specific. Or I say, wow, I can’t have that at all - I gain weight right away or I feel really bad if I eat/drink that. My energy is down and it messes my insulin, just bla bla bla I make it about myself.
Most likely no matter what you say, they won’t listen as they are addicted. So be light about it. Maybe just say, guys that do not good for you. I am sending an article your way.