Zillow (Seattle) - TC ~ $305k
RSUs $250k over 4 years
Sign on $90k
Factors: Good wlb, low risk, gloomy weather, less opportunities, good savings, good commute
Instacart (SF) - TC ~ $335k
RSUs $525k over 4 years
Sign on $10k
Factors: Challenging work, manager seemed very nice, pre ipo - high risk with possibility of high reward, great weather, unlimited opportunities, high COL, bad commute
Another thing to consider: spouse is also a software engineer and has offers in both cities.
I have couple other offers including Uber but these were the best two so narrowing down the choices.
Current TC 169k in NY
- Oracle To the 🌙Why do you say zilllow has less opportunities? If you're working on their new offers stuff it's all brand new. Anyway money makes this a no brainer.
- Update: If anyone cares.. I ended up taking Zillow after some more negotiations. Hope it's the right decision.🤞 So if you're seeing this post now, please only vote for Zillow to make me feel better. Thanks.
- Do you want stability or risk? Instacart as pre-ipo is risky, and they have some competitors. Zillow is pretty solid, but not likely to spike, i.e. from IPO.
- Zillow Group ylkf3If our stock recovers your TC will increase by 25-35%. Its at all time low
- Zillow is not risk free. There offers product is unproven territory. The comp from Zillow looks senior and it's not bad. Worked at Zillow and would suggest the wlb and culture. Seattle is a great city and I don't agree with all the shit it gets about its weather
- I can't comment on insta as I don't know their bands. I am a manager at Zillow and your package looks reasonable for senior. I have given better offers than that sometimes but there was something special about those people that justified the offer. Seattle is significantly cheaper compared to SF too. Wlb is great at ZG so if weather is an issue take time off in Jan Feb. The stock is beaten badly and I don't think it will go down anymore but who knows.