Amazon Comp: 110000+20000+15% of 70 shares
Oracle Comp: 170000 + 25% of 5000 shares.
AWS has a shiny brand name, cloud business numba 1. Should I move because of TC boost?
- Oracle den.klayIf it's an offer from OCI, its quite risky in terms of uncertainty around frequent lay-offs, immature leadership, chaotic teams, struggling services ....
- Amazon Real_SantaWhat do you think why are they offering that TC to somebody with 2 yoe? No offense, but if you think it's because you're that good you'll be wrong. With a shitshow that OCI is the only way for them to get new half-decent engineers is to offer unrealistic TCs...But hey, at the end of the day, money makes b*tches right?
- Bayer / IT Genie_22OP,
Not everyone is “privileged” enough to be able to go to a top school. Very smart and talented people come from all walks of life. Just because there family couldn’t send them to the best school doesn’t mean they are not smarter or would not out perform someone who did.
Over the years, I’ve worked with many very smart and talented individuals. The things they all had in common weren’t the school they went to as some were from top schools and others were from some no name schools. The things they all had in common were they were all very humble and respectful of everyone even if they disagreed.
Hopefully as you progress your career you start some self-reflecting.
- Internal Oracle blind topic is a mess with rumors of layoffs, no focals.
Stay away from OCI - It's the same shitty oracle. Join if you don't care about raise, work culture, and job security! It just keeps getting worse day after day
- Oracle / Eng otLQ15Nope, don’t come! People are being laid off all the time, especially new people
- We seem to be offering big dollar because we are struggling to get people to accept offers and we have lot of catching up to do.
- I have one-on-one with skip level on Thursday which never really happens. Hoping it's the pink slip so I can part away with severance. I got two offers I'm trying to choose from. It's very distracting to get anything done with so many unknowns and no focals.
- Oracle fungibhDon’t come here, it’s a $4!t show. You don’t know if you will have a job for 1 yr. Don’t tell us we didn’t warn you.
- Oracle strong20Definitely move. You already have aws on your resume, staying longer for less money won't change anything.