Continuing a conversation with a girl on a common topic on Tinder?5d
I met a girl in person (then a few weeks later matched on Tinder) who happens to work in a field I think is crazy fucking cool (HPC/computational genomics). The problem is I don’t know much about her other than this job that we first talked about and she basically has nothing in her bio or profile pics. How would you continue the convo? Should I ask about work again (which feels super dry)?
I’m the worst at conversations on these things without feeling awkward as fuck, help pls!
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Dude... That’s the reason you meet. Go for coffee/drink on a Thursday at 8pm and see what she’s like in person, see if there is any chemistry between you, get to know her.
Dating should be exciting, natural and fun, otherwise why would you bother doing it? Compared to that texting back and fourth information is boring af.
- I mean we’ve met before (sat next to each other on a 2 hr train ride) and talked a bit then. I think she’s super cool (no idea if she thinks I am tho!). with that said I guess she didn’t have any real reason to match me back otherwise but still.
I’d like to continue it a little bit more before I take the plunge.
- 🤦♂️. Dude you’ve met before, meet again. Why are you wasting time? Would you seriously rather finger a screen than be in her company having a good time at a jazz cafe or craft brewery or whatever? Mini golf bar?
She giving you her time that means she is currently interested. For how long? Stop boring her to death and go play bowling and do something fun together. You’ll have your chance to nerd out. I swear to god I feel like my 13yo bro has more game than you.
Watch “40-Year-Old Virgin” and reflect on life ASAP.5d5
- Just give her your number and set up a date to grab drinks or go on a picnic or something. Girls love picnics. But man the fuck up. You've already met her in person and obviously messed up by not getting her number the first time around. Get the fuck off tinder and meet up with her in real life. Why waste your time shooting the breeze with her on tinder?
- By thinking you're too beta to ask a girl for her number, you've already lost. The fact that she was talking to you, and now based on the fact that she swiped right on you after talking to you in person, she obviously is interested in you and would love for you to ask her for her number and do something in person together. If you don't, she'll assume you're not interested in her and move on to another guy who was willing to ask her a simple question. So you better just fucking do it. It's guaranteed that she'll want to go on a date. She won't say no if you just ask. Even just going to an ice cream shop or anything simple like that is a great first date, assuming they like ice cream.4d2
- TC, ethnicity, height, and what’s your attractiveness on scale of 1-10? Answer will differ depending on this
- It’s a character in the movie: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=McLovin
- Ask her about hobbies, where she grew up, what her dreams and goals are in life. Follow up from there. Wait for her to ask about yours.
Nothing makes me feel better than someone taking an interest in my thoughts and feelings.
- What does she like to do when not working, what’s on her bucket list, does she like to travel? Does she have any trips planned? Where does she want to go? Why? Fav food? Then take her out! Go play bocce ball, Dave and busters, axe throwing, cooking class, go out to dinner (and you pay). If she doesn’t pay on 3rd date then move on