What’s the craziest true story you have about a co-worker freaking out in the office?
Mine: had a co-worker throw a chair across the room into the wall, making a hole. He was angry that the group didn’t agree with his suggested implementation. (Didn’t happen at Netflix btw)
- Northrop Grumman / EngHowCouldYuLol all these comments are like this: “yeah a coworker lost it and killed everyone in the office... Not at my current company tho...”
- VMware autoexecThe day after Trump won, people were sobbing, yelling profanities, and punching desks at a previous company. It was so hard to not grin like a fool that day. Their liberal tears were delicious.
- CEO punched a hole in his office door after being angry with a customer. Happened before MS.
- Marvell tyuio789My manager was out of office chasing his crush and a new employee just took his office and job; after he came back he talked to the CEO and demanded his job back but the CEO demoted him to a sales job; he lost his mind and punched a hole through the wall in a rage of anger
- Was working at Ford. They hired Jim Hackett as a new CEO and colleague sent email asking him for a move to AV team. 😂
He was 8 level down to Jim and email came back from Jim to vp to director, .. my team
- Microsoft / EngDblDwnDavePrevious company I was a manger at, I relocated someone's desk 3 times and he burned the building down.
- I'm embarrassed to say this but I myself am guilty. My manager - a confidence-destroying bully who gave me nightmares - was standing behind me screaming at me to show him an e-mail that I should have CCed him on, and of course I couldn't do it because it had already been sent. He wouldn't stop yelling and slamming his hand on my desk and I was this close to punching him and ruining my life... so I threw a piece of junk mail across the room.
I was disciplined and demoted, and had to wrote an apology letter to the CEO for my misbehavior; no idea what happened to my manager as he switched departments.
- He had made a mistake entering an order and I was negotiating with the broker in our partner's country to try to fix it. I hadn't specifically asked the guy on the other side to CC everyone in his reply that I had CCed when writing to him, and he wrote back only to me. Manager came in in the morning expecting to see that person's e-mail in his inbox and saw nothing. When I arrived for my night shift, there it was, in my inbox only.Mar 80
- Google / Product4pmCoffeeCo-worker broke down in the middle of a conversation due to burnout! Not at G though.