Criticizing Israel doesn’t make you Anti Semitic : Trump is a hypocrite
Trump is a hypocrite in that he allows multiple members of congress to literally insult him to his face personally and he did nothing about it apart from just tweeting out how he doesn’t like people. Yet the moment Ilhan Omar decides to criticize Israel and that too based on the FACT that AIPAC does influence the government, he calls for her resignation. Asking a congress member to resign for speaking her opinion? What?
No, I should be able to criticize Israel however I want. That’s the whole point of free speech. Where’s all the people calling the US government anti-Slavic every time they blame Russia for something? Nowhere to be found. Yet the moment you criticize Israel, you’re branded as an anti Semite.
We’re living in a country where there are actual laws being placed that violate free speech such as the law to not be able to run a business unless you disavow BDS (the boycott movement of Israel). Now, I don’t know much about this movement frankly, but the point is you should be able to boycott anything anywhere and you should be able to speak out on anything that you wish unless it’s calling for violence.
- Microsoft TrumpWinsYou can criticize Israel, but just be aware that Islamic terrorists agree with you. Bin Laden carried out 9/11 due to US support for Israel and various terrorists organizations make it their purpose in life to overtake Israel and kill as many Jews as possible. So congratulations for doing the work of terrorists to degrade support for Israel. I’m sure they’re proud of you.
- Microsoft TrumpWinsI’m sure you would find it hypocritical for a Muslim congresswoman to complain about dual allegiances while ignoring the fact that the entire Muslim world is virulently against Israel, with virtually every Muslim country’s government refusing to accept Israel as a legitimate stateMar 140
- I’m not sure if the connection you are trying to make. Is it that because Muslim states don’t recognize Israel as a state, and the Congresswoman is Muslim, and that she is complaining of dual-allegiances in American Congress and is criticizing Israel, therefore she is a Muslim that is criticizing Israel, and Muslim states not recognizing Israel is a form of criticism, thus because both she and Muslim states are criticizing Israel, she must have dual-allegiances to Muslim states?
Or more simply, because she and Muslim states both criticize Israel and are Muslim, she must owe a dual-allegiance to the Muslim states critical of Israel?
Seem like a tenuous connection to me.Mar 142
- Trump said that alt-right protesters chanting “the Jews will not replace us” and “blood and soil” were probably fine people - so he forfeits the ability to accuse anyone else of antisemitism.
There are antisemites who are against Israel (and many antisemites in support of the country - nationalism makes strange bedfellows) but that is not the same as being against apartheid-like conditions and the ghettoization of Palestinians.
Frankly it’s generally pretty easy to tell the antisemites from the genuine pro-Palestinian people.
- While in theory criticising Israel doesn't make you antisemitic in practice it's almost always antisemitic people doing this.
You can tell when they say things like they are "against Israel", where no one would say they are against any other country. People are otherwise only against certain politicians or policies and never say they are against an entire country.
Someone who doesn't like what Trump is doing would not say they are "against the United States" for example.
So I think the OP kind of misses the point that it's usually a dog whistle for antisemitic crap.
- I am against a two state solution and for a single secular democratic state with religious protections and freedom. Only a democratic process that included all people could possibly resolve this and build credibility where most people see it as legitimate. UN resolutions and US dictates or deals between bureaucrats will not bring about an organic peace.
I am against an apartheid-like situation where Palestinians are pushed into Warsaw-like ghettos and where “democracy” in Israel is dependent on ensuring that the people Gaza and the West Bank have no vote over a government that de-facto controls that area.
What policies could Israel change to make a one-state solution happen?
- Lol, I guess I’ll have to tell my wife that I want her dead... and apparently she wants herself dead 🤷♂️
Your warped nationalist view leads you to conflate policy and government with a whole people... just as antisemites do. Well neo-nazis called me anti-white for opposing apartheid South Africa too, so I guess it’s just how nationalism works.
- Yeah well you want the Jews in Israel dead or gone, that's the outcome of the policies you advocate, and you know it. It would be so much better if you would be honest about that.
I see you are also spewing that vile "apartheid" hate speech as well. It's clear you are consumed with hate.
I don't care how many black friends you have, your ideas are antisemitic in the extreme.
- I’m not either. There should be one state with religious protections, resources to help people in the territories integrate and rebuild destroyed parts of the country so that everyone has a stake in it. There should be open borders for Palestinians and Jews fleeing bigotry in Eastern Europe or whatnot.
Things like the settlements and how to accommodate people from Gaza who want to return to their cities would need to be democratically settled - not imposed from government bureaucrats or the UN or US.
Your nationalism has you believing in a “civilized people ” vs “savages” myth and so you oppose democracy that includes people in the territories because you believe they are not civilized enough to handle it.
- I'm left wing (as you can probably tell from all my anti Trump posts, posts in support of universal healthcare, etc). I'm just not antisemitic like most of the far left. You will also see me harshly criticising those who demonize Muslims.
It's a sad reality that the US has come to a political alignment where one party is racist against Muslims and Mexicans and the other is increasingly antisemitic.
At any rate you are transparently hateful, spewing absolutely offensive hate speech about "apartheid", which is vicious and vile, while demanding that Israel dismantle the only institutions protecting them from annihilation where you get to slyly claim to be advocating democracy when you know the result will be the bloody, violent opposite of democracy.
You talk out of both sides of your mouth, neither one of them pleasant.