Do American girls date Asian boys? What's their opinion about them ?
- Asian men and women are seen as inferior and submissive due to media and poltics. That's why a lot of my fellow Apple pie eaters go for the fortune cookie
- It's weird how some non-whites have such desperate self hatred that they have to date whites to feel like they've "made" it. So many posts asking how to date white girls. Why? Not getting it. TC ~200
- Yes I am. America has a race issue (as evident by this thread). Most other countries don’t have enough exposure to other races for racism and stereotyping to be a problem. Not to say stereotypes don’t exist, but you try traveling to other countries and you’re treated differently more so for being exotic as an outsider than for what race you actually represent (like a tiger at the zoo). People often conflate nationalism with racism though.
Also it sounds like you’re implying that Asian cultures are more racist than American culture yet they idealize how white folks look? I don’t see how that makes sense. A more likely explanation is that you personally just believe white folks are most physically attractive and also morally superior to Asians, which is just your opinion, and only that.Aug 11, 2018 5
- What you’re saying just doesn’t match up to the reality in any way in Asia. What I am saying is not some sort of abstract theory, I am saying this based on my experiences of talking openly about race and racism with locals when I lived and traveled in various places across Asia. Unlike the US where there is a very strong taboo against racism, people in Asia will often quite openly tell you their views.
As far as the attractiveness aspect, this is again based on many conversations with locals. For women the beauty standard is heavily related to both height and lightness of skin, and there is some influence from Hollywood as well.
- I think there’s a difference here in how we’re defining racism. It sounds to me you’re referring to stereotypes. Racism is people marching with tiki torches chanting “kill all blacks” and jailing people of Latino descent (there are illegal Canadian immigrants you know). In Asia, that simply doesn’t happen because you couldn’t find enough people to care. Hell, expats seem to do pretty damn well overseas. Take conversations about race with a grain of salt in Asia because it’s like talking to a 7 year old about what puberty is like. It’s literally not a thing there yet so a lot of it is just your projection.
The Chinese do value lighter skin but it’s a pale white skin that isn’t similar to European colors. They also value height but so do any culture not unique to Asia. When Goku transforms into a super saiyan, his gold hair is based off of Asian values on what gold represents, and not that he becomes white...Aug 11, 2018 2
Flagged by the community.
- I am sure as hell American boys date Asian girls. The other way around is less common
- The literal answer would be yes. I am sure there exist some couples where the girl is American and the guy is asian.
It’s not very common though, especially if you’re fresh off the boat, are skinny, don’t have any sort of fashion sense and have a heavy accent.
- I see a lot of white girls with asian guys in LA, it also happens in the Bay Area but less common
- Off topic but "American girl" doesn't mean "white girl". So lame that people assume this still. Also what's up with all this white girl thirst? They age the worst compared to Asians, African Americans, Indians, blah blah etc. Don't get it. Back to original question. Yeah white girls will date you if you're not a normal Asian. If you're hotter than the typical Asian and/or rich and/or half Asian.
- I've dated a couple white girls, these relationship are around but not as common as white guys being brain washed to seeing every single Asian girl as godness.
I am pretty confident that I can get more dates with white girls than a short obese bald white guy, every single time.
- Cisco rkHq23Generally no. Latina girls yes, some of them even look white. Latinas are crazy tho
- Zuora LookUpDefine "American" please. If you are equating "American" as Caucasian then here is some education: American citizens are American. White people in America are not always American (hello European and Australian/NZ friends!).
To answer your question about do White girls date Asian guys - yes, but not as frequently as Asian girls date White men.
Written by an American (who also happens to be an Asian dude who has dated white girls).