Early-twenties female; Indian (never lived there though); Bay area. Never dated before and turned down everyone before because dating seems time consuming. I should try out dating now I know. Anybody in the same boat? Plus any advice on a good app/way to meet guys? I would prefer to avoid any apps but open to it
- LinkedIn ChangelingThere is an effing buffet of indian guys in bay, what are you talking about?
- „Dating was too time consuming” - LOL
I hope you enjoy your 6fig salary without having any nice experiences and memories from your youth.
- Well, sex as a small part of it. With every relationship you learn something new, how to treat people, how to be a good partner, how to interact with your S/O, what makes people happy and what makes them sad, what you expect from a partner and what you want give to your partner, how to be supportive. And interacting with friends will give you some of that but not all.
Then you have these people in their mid-20’s who are emotionally crippled and can’t have a relationship longer than 3 months, asking dating questions on forums.
- New numtu^ this. That said, just start and enjoy the journey of learning more about yourself and others. The longer you wait the harder it becomes and the more set you become as a single person. Approach dating with an open mind. Mentally designing the perfect match and going out to try and find that person will most always lead to failure, frustration and ‘wasted time’. Be open. Let yourself be vulnerable and trusting at moments in the pursuit of getting to learn more about others and share about yoursef. Prepare to get hurt but know it’s part of the journey and will make you stronger and ultimately more compatible.Mar 1, 2018 2
- The Bay Area has such a shortage of single women that you will literally have your pick of men in the area. There’s something called the 4-9ers (not the team) look it up.
- You never lived in India but only want to date Indian guys? That’s your first problem right there.
- Microsoft Fan CThe fact that your considering it is a great growth mindset! Go inclusivity! You’d be surprised how many Americans are conservative in morals without being assholes. Asshole needs no nationality or any other social or religious invisible boundary/constraint. We all are capable of being assholes, but we’re all also capable of being great human beings.
- I'll give you the perspective of an Indian guy. I spend most of my time at work because I enjoy it. Consequently, I get to meet very few people outside work. And my hobbies are mostly playing sports (Cricket, Tennis, Volleyball) and working out. I find very few to no Indian women there.
What can you do to increase your chances of me (or any guy) approaching you?
Strike a conversation and smile while having lunch with people you don't know.
If they start a conversation, don't respond with just one word answers and contribute to driving the conversation.
You can ask what they do on weekends and of you find it interesting, say something like 'wow that's cool, can I join you?' or something.
Wherever you are, just have an open body language so that people feel comfortable striking a conversation with you.
- Makes sense, thanks! I think what you are doing is great! But apparently atleast online, you know people are trying to date while in real life it could go any other way. It’s hard to be straight up like “Yeah I am interested in you” but, to increase your chances I would just say to make it more obvious and make sure the girl wants to date atleast. Cause personally I didn’t want to date before, if I were to be approached now I would for sure consider it if I liked the guy.
- "Make sure the girl wants to date". Exactly, that is very hard to judge as a guy unless the girl also drops some hints. Being open to hanging out alone, smiling and making an effort to continue conversations are signs I consider to know whether a girl is open to dating.
- Start dating and figure it out. Advice from others won’t be of much value in this area. You’ve to explore and learn your lessons, and find the one you like.
- Anyone that asks you out if you find them interesting. There’s Indian dating app too, and of course any one of million dating apps. It’s still regular people like you and me on those apps. Some are creepy which means some people are creepy in real life too.Mar 1, 2018 1
- New XzyqwI see a lot of people asking why only Indian men, I think you made a mistake by mentioning that in your post. You should do what white girls usually do, act like you would consider any race but then date only the race you want to.
- Facebook / Eng E12“Turned everyone down because dating seems time consuming”. Is this why all my Indian guys friends complain so much about the dating market here?
Flagged by the community.
Flagged by the community.
- Samsung justavrageMy suggestion is why only consider Indian guys? Why not try other race? I mean dating is just so u get to know a person and figure out if u are compatible. So I don't think there is anything morally wrong if u don't end up marrying the person u date. At least it will give you some experience.
Flagged by the community.