Since all dating apps are mostly about looks, and since most tech people didn't care about their looks that much, what's the best way to solve this problem for us now?
TOP 25 Comments
- Counsyl / Eng TheymoreStart caring about your looks or start lowering your standards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Intel WomancoderStart going out and meet new people instead of relying on dating apps
- Op, based on your comments, you sound like you would do well in the incel community. Have you heard of the 80/20 rule?
- I think I worded my post wrong. My post is to find out if there exists a solution to the dating app problem. That is, is there a way to make a dating app which overcomes this problem.
- Apple / Eng MarijuanaYou have to put yourself out there. Political advocacy is a great place to meet women (provided you’re advocating for liberal/democratic principles).
- Sapient Razorfish AL4NTUR1N6moreBetter pics:
- iPhoneX portrait mode
- Snapseed retouching (skin smoothing, face spotlight, eye clarity)
- gym & cardio
- no sugar or salt
- connect with anyone on app and hone texting skills
- repeat above with high frequency
- Amazon JexxDating apps are kind of reflecting basic humanity here. It sounds like you are saying “I’m unattractive and people on dating apps want attractive people. How do we fix the apps?” The problem likely isn’t the app itself.
You can totally game the app by getting better pics. Get some professional shots - at minimum that also shows that you’ve got the judgement to work the system
- Software AG / Eng lqv4ehulmoreAttractive irl and attractive on a dating app are different things. Irl it’s a combination of qualities, combined with the visual aspect, the voice of the person and the way he moves + 10000 other things. On dating apps it’s purely the visual appeal of a static image.
Btw before I met my current bf I saw his fb pictures and if I’d seen him on a dating app, I would have ignored him. Then we met irl and it was instant attraction. And his pics weren’t bad, he just didn’t look like my type.Jun 24, 2018 0
- Barracuda / Sales YourMamamoreOKCupid used to segment their users by attractiveness. There was one bucket for the top 50% and one for the bottom 50%. You got promoted/denotes based on the interest you got. Not sure how well it worked or even if they still do it, but it was an attempt at the problem you’re alluding to.