After five years in SF I’m fed up with dating here (and the city/tech bubble in general tbh). I’m a 30 y/o guy, make good money, and am a paradoxically social introvert. Is NY really that much better for dating than SF? Why or why not?
169 VOTES SELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
TOP 23 Comments
- Google ieatplantsNew York Ciry has a great mix of people/professions. I love SF though. Try going to female meet ups like Girl Geek Dinners, tons of great/smart women at those.
- As a SF -> NYC transplant, I can confirm it is way better for dating here. No contest.
- Combination of great ratio, men in NYC are shorter and less attractive so competition is not as keen, very attractive and smart successful women, high energy urban social scene, friendly outgoing people, SICK online dating scene.
Seattle and SF are absolute nightmares for single men.
- In nyc, I routinely matched with women out of my league, and 90% of matches resulted in at least a first date. In Seattle, I've gotten around 15 matches total in a year, and nearly all of them ghosted or flaked. I'm actually better looking now than when I was in nyc due to losing weight and putting on more lean muscle. That's how big the difference is. NYC exists in an alternate space-time dimension from Seattle.Nov 16, 2017 4
- Uber / Other RgDI68moreGeneric tech drones are the norm in SF... at least in NYC you are unique.
- Amazon / Product EBITDANot even close. NYC is the best city for single men, bar none. Seattle and SF are the worst: bad ratio, low quality, weird people and culture, far less dynamic social scene.