How easy/hard is it to find a significant other while working full time at Facebook? It looks like everyone is either getting married or is married here.
TOP 53 Comments
- This has got nothing to do with whether men are desperate or not. When the number of women far exceed men then the minority will get an upper hand. Also men are always expected to make the first move, so I have always seen my (female) friends gettinf asked out all the time.Dec 25, 2017 2
- HPE scalanewbInterviewer: Why do you want to work at Facebook?
OP: I'm looking for a girlfriend, heard you got some single ladies here.
This'll definitely work!
- I wouldn't try to find a significant other at work (at least not your immediate team or business group). It's as easy as you make it though. Do you take care of your appearance/body? If not, it'll be harder. Are you an introvert? If so, that'll make it tougher. Are you generally successful with women?
I'd advise expanding beyond Facebook. Try going out to bars, clubs, and social events. Have a few drinks to mask any weaknesses and go from there. Facebook is actually a great platform for this too. Join up in groups for things local to your area (concerts, fitness, get together, etc). I met my wife on a Facebook group while she was in another state! :)
- Thanks for the advice! It’s very helpful and realistic.
Yeah I am trying to take care of my appearance/body :) Also, I am a female and not into going to bars or drinking. But I do like to be social so that’s a plus.
That’s great to hear that you met your wife here! Are there any specific groups you would advice on?
- Thank you! Happy to help!
Oh the female part actually probably makes it easier (especially in tech heavy areas)! For me, the groups were very targeted and very specific. I am in a bunch of groups geared toward get togethers for my hobbies. I actually met a lot of my friends that way. It makes it easy to strike up a conversation because you already know those people will have something in common with you. I'm a naturally talkative person; so, I'd just message people and start talking.
Another good way is indirectly. Make a bunch of friends without any goal of meeting a significant other. Go hang out with them and meet their friends. Eventually, you'll prolly meet one where things click.
- I had a 1.5 year long relationship with someone I met while interning there (also an intern). The company is big enough that as long as they’re not on your team it’ll be totally fine. :)
- Probably easy, you work at a top company! Harder for the rest of us 😢
- Workday 35712Friend of mine found her SO at Facebook. They were in different depts but worked together. They kept it on the DL for several months.