Never met a more unprofessional group of dumbf**cks in MY life. WTF is your hiring bar? Seriously the dumbest people I have ever talked to EVER.
This guy claimed to be a VP of customer something or other, he was dumber than a box of rocks. Then I looked him up on LinkedIn and 3 years ago he was a Business Program Manager at some no-name company. How do you go from a nobody company with a nobody title to being a VP at Salesforce? I know how....his shoes were untied....
After I looked up everybody I met on LinkedIn, EVERYBODY at Salesforce is from a total “nobody-company” - nobody from FAANG, nobody with any real relevant big-company experience. One lady was a director at a startup that nobody’s heard of.
Note to self - If you want a huge inflated bs title at Salesforce, pretend to be a “somebody” at a company of 5 people. They’ll just scooooop you up!
This is why you will lose the long race. Give out CRM’s to people for a bit, but it won’t help if you have such idiots running around.
I used to think Salesforce was a competitor to Microsoft and one Dynamics offerings. Not anymore! You guys couldn’t find your way out of a wet paper bag if the bag broke just like your daddy’s cond0m.
Microsoft people are like GENIUSES compared to these people, and that’s saying a lot because there are lots of idiots at Microsoft. But, not Salesforce retar**ed.
Selling all my Salesforce stock. You girls won’t be around in 10 years.
“Hey remember when everybody was a makeup VP and didn’t know shit at that one company Salesforce?” - bar talk, circa 2028
And no, I’m not a reject candidate, but by your standards, I should be able to come in straight as your next CEO.
- Salesforce rcno01Are you okay?
You didn't like one employee out of thousands, so what? And what is this elitism? Like if all people need to come from FAANG to be at least decent.
Every company has people you will not get along with, including Microsoft and it certainly doesn't mean the company is trash.
We have a good product, we are a good team, our company has a good culture and pays reasonably well. Stop spreading BS based on one anecdote.
- Google BorOP is clearly trolling or simply out of their mind. "I do more at a company like Microsoft in one day than somebody at Salesforce dreams of doing in a year.", I've worked at both companies and can definitely say the reverse is more likely, Salesforce is a lot more lean and agile. Much less bearucracy there.Jan 28 3
- OP is a reject, an asshole, and a dumbass.
Nobody would be that angry and bitter about a company and the people who work for it unless they tried and failed to get a job at the company. OP also talks about the low ‘hiring bar’. Interesting.
OP is an asshole, because they said “you “girls” won’t be around in 10 years”. Is being a girl a bad thing? Is everybody at Salesforce a young female? No, and no.
OP is a dumbass, because Salesforce has hired many people from FAANG and many people from Microsoft. A quick LinkedIn search will show you that, hun.
- I honestly hate the whole no name company at last role thing. What, so you’re dumb if you don’t start at a popularly named company or one of the FAANG? It’s one thing to say you spoke with em and they clearly didn’t know anything (valid) but then to say “oh yup suspicions confirmed they worked somewhere I’ve never heard of. They must be bat shit stupid!” is pretty ignorant. Lots of ppl start wherever.
- Although OP has gone extreme, but there is a lot of truth to what OP is saying. Some facts that I have seen in Salesforce engineering org:
1. We have more VP of Engineering than SDE1 (we call it AMTS). Salesforce people can validate that in OrgChart tool
2. Titles are super inflated. Every 4th engineer is a principal engineer (PMTS). Again OrgChart can prove that.
3. Quality of engineering and hiring standard are poor. Because of shit pay, we don't get to keep good engineering and we can hardly match comp for great outside hires.
4. We hardly have managers and senior manager titles, everyone in management will have Director title most of the time with like 3-5 direct reports. Director these days is front line manager.
Most of the people I know here are just cruising for two reasons a) They can't get a better job outside b) they are settled and don't have motivation for career growth.
Don't believe me, go to Linkedin and search people from Salesforce with the above titles, you will know yourself. Happy to provide more details to people who disagrees.
- Salesforce savegameSomewhat off topic, but it's really funny to me that people that work on big companies look down on people who worked at start ups, and people who worked at start ups look down on people who work at big companies. I've worked for both kinds, and good people are good people.
Anyways, I'm sorry you're so angry at Salesforce. We're a big company. No doubt that there are idiots and aholes here. Too bad that's who you met. I promise we have good ones here too. We buy so many companies that there must be some good teams that snuck in!
- I appreciate your comment.
But you’re grossly outgunned for scalability and understanding how to get business done in a company with over 150k employees. Smaller company people think the world is 15 people they talk to to get shit done.
Try curating relationships with 1000+ people and knowing who to influence to get a project pushed.
You don’t learn that in a tiny company where the CEO walks around with pizza parties on Fridays.
Imaging if we were able to hire top engineering talent from FANG, don't you think we would be much much better at managing our infrastructure. Did you know that we still have commands written in excel sheets that our data center guys copy and paste during release - what a joke.Jan 30 2
- Op is an arrogant fuck. “I do more in one day at MSFT than people do in a year at Salesforce.” Sure you do! That’s why after 25 years of experience you can’t crack a mil. If you were even somewhat decent, you’d be senior leadership by now. I would feel sad for you, but pretty sure you live in la la land anyway. Good luck on your next 25 years, lol
- 😅this thread is amazing. OP is critical of inflated titles at your company and the only comeback is that OP must be a reject of some kind?