On one hand I’ve seen/heard ( more often than not and most ) white people frown on cultural habits of colored people like eating with their hands ( even if it entails cleaning hands before eating ) , taking shoes out of house or in a designated corner inside the house and walking bare foot inside etc etc.
On the other hand seen so many white people ( men and women alike ) put their personal belongings on the floor in public toilets , subway / train cars etc which are clearly full of germs, put their dirty shoes in their bags/purse with the other things ( not in a separate bag to avoid everything else getting dirty ) to name a few.
Why is there such a double standard ? Why is their such an entitlement to call habits of others unfit when you’re in no way better ?
- Microsoft Looper69Go back to Hindustan. Ever notice it’s the brown people trying to come live in White Western culture and not the other way around.
- You work at [black]rock. Hilarious!
Sorry got distracted by that. White peoples put personal belonging on public bathroom floors? ‘Colored people’ eat with their hands? Wtf is wrong with you. You’re projecting your racists thoughts.
- Microsoft SSS!Americans are double standard. On one hand, they complain about Chinese and Koreans eating dogs as dogs are intelligent animal. On the other hand, they eat millions of cows and pigs without guilt even though cow is considered sacred in India and pig has even higher intelligence than dog.
- Not double standard. Just different cultural norms coupled with a closed mind.
You don't see it in just white people - Asians, Indians, Hispanics etc... Are all susceptible
- Not exactly the way I wanted my post to be interpreted.
To clarify, culture plays a role in defining what is normal and provides a guideline for proper social behavior (and also defines right vs wrong).
So it's not surprising that when cultures mix they find each other barbaric or gross.
Those who recognize that different cultures have different norms simply notice this as a Delta, those who don't recognize this as inferiority or dirtinessDec 6, 20180
- Twitch @#$_&-+()/Isn't this post clear sign of ur double standard?? U are questioning white ppl's habits/routines while saying ur routines/habits are unquestionable.
Anyways it seems u are unaware of the fact that white ppl's shoes, belongings don't catch dirt and germs. Hence white ppl can walk with their shoes in their 🏠, put bags in various places u mentioned. :p
- Because we are all full of contradictions. My beliefs are better than your beliefs. Culture evolves and you may find in the future that eggs do not get refrigerated and shoes are removed in a lot of Anglo-Saxon households
- I once took my shoes off when entering a white woman house and she seemed disgusted by me showing my socks and into her house, but clearly I respected the house so much I didn't want to dirty it with my shoes
- In Brazil and Chile it is considered rude to eat with your hands. In India, the Middle East, and wait for it.......... some parts of Africa it is considered rude and I'll mannered to eat with your left hand. Don't know why you think this is a white vs POC cultural habit when it differs across ethnicities. Regardless, never really heard of anyone discriminated against for eating with their hands. Especially when virtually everyone (white, black, asian, hispanic, etc) uses the hands to eat fruit, pizza, cup cakes, popcorn, chicken wings, hotdogs, burgers, potato chips, and other foods. As far as wearing, or not wearing, or whatever point your trying to get across about shoes, not sure that is a race related issue either. If you are making an attempt to start a race baiting article, most people tackle statistical issues like employment levels, hate groups, poverty etc. Anyways good luck with your divisive post!