For those of you that do business travel I have a question. So I am a Southwest A-lister and I just completed Delta Silver Status Match. Would you rather continue booking work travel via Delta to earn their miles (and potentially Gold status) or would you use Southwest and earn points towards A-list preferred?
TC - 110K
- Amazon cd54dgElite status with Delta should get you free upgrades to first class. My understanding is that Southwest doesn’t have a first class cabin at all. I would pick Delta. If you don’t care about upgrades, then stick with Southwest.
- PayPal big nastyThey both suck. Delta is brutal, will bump you from paid first class tickets without comp, lies about delays, etc. and Southwest doesn’t know how to assign seats and has no first class. Also, United sucks, American sucks. Asian and European airlines know how to do air travel, I don’t understand why American airlines won’t copy them.
- My worst flying experiences have been with Delta. Delays at a higher frequency than with any other airline. So take that for what it's worth.
- Medallia bartoDelta OTP of 83.8 is second to Alaska for US carriers. Southwest at 78%. Don't fly through SeaTac much but never had issues. https://www.oag.com/on-time-performance-star-ratings-2018Feb 241
- Adobe HaroldWrenYou must not have been on this flight: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiMlbWJ79TgAhWL7YMKHZBjAy0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fhuman-interest%2Fjennifer-riordan-hollie-mackey-southwest-flight-1380%2F&psig=AOvVaw2Rugk1RezMGtW5d96fKcUJ&ust=1551114806025923 Southwest sucks... literally
- New / MgmtFourHrWkWkmoreDepends on where you travel. For XC flights do delta to get upgrades and lounges.
SWA is very convenient for short flights/ west coast travel including to small cities.
I like being able to board SWA last minute - I’ve had delta close the door on me 15-20 minutes before flight time and was difficult to rebook. I’ve also had a lot more cancellations and delays on delta and United. SWA has always been smooth. Seems they can swap planes and crews more quickly when things go wrong. Booking, Checking in, Rebooking, and tracking miles on SWA is also very easy by comparison to other carriers.
Also SWA gives drink tickets, which is half the benefit of upgrades at the end of a biz trip.