It appears to me that the left is so committed to tip the demographic balance in their voting favor to change what a Center Right country won't vote for, that they are willing to do anything, including disrespect out Flag and traditions. This is largely due to the Uber liberal academic indoctrination of our youth - so many with no understanding of history.
- Cruise Automation qiruelqnzWaving the American flag at detention centers is unAmerican because those facilities go against everything we stand for as a country.
- John Adams, 1784:
No determinations are carried, it is true, in a simple representative democracy, but by consent of the majority or their representatives.
Frame it however you want to help you sleep at night, but at the end of the day, we are a democratic republic of one form or another.
Call us a representational republic if you want to feel like your pedantry matters, but we are also a representational democracy.
This even states “The United States is a federal republic and a constitutional representative democracy.”
Spin it how you want it. Yes, we a representational, constitutional republic. We are also a representational, constitutional democracy. This is commonly/colloquially also referred to as a “Democratic Republic.”
Please educate yourself.Jul 15 4
- The Federalist №10 (James Madison), 57 (“A republic, by which I mean a government in which the scheme of representation takes place”);
The Federalist №14 (James Madison), 77 (“The true distinction between these forms was also adverted to on a former occasion. It is, that in a democracy, the people meet and exercise the government in person; in a republic, they assemble and administer it by their representatives and agents”)
- Microsoft lazybonesWhat's wrong with democrats seriously? In Asia, we never disrespect the national flag as a sign of protest. Disrespecting flag is equal to disrespecting the country! Democrats in US are definitely crazy!
- These arent democrats these are communists who have taken shelter in the democratic party.
- You mean the markets that basically everyone is forced to participate in regardless? The things governments are supposed to oversee (like utilities, roads, public transportation, etc)? Those things?
The things that are absolutely out of control because they’re privatized?
They aren’t commie ideals. They’re healthy, functional government ideals that affect everyone in the country positively.
They don’t want to run private schools, grocery stores or any form of retail, tech companies, they don’t advocate that doctors make the same income as janitors, etc.
I don’t think you actually know what communism is. You might benefit from the free public education that the progressives are hoping for, because whatever education you’ve had up until now clearly didn’t teach you about the different types of government and what they actually entail.
- Janitors already make more than doctors in commie-fornia.
They want to outlaw private health insurance (about 20% of the economy on top of the 33% of GDP that is government today). They want to breakup tech companies.
A few exceptions don’t break the rule that their policies are predominantly communist.Jul 16 0
- You appear to be suffering from some sort of mental abnormality. Were you by chance dropped on your head as a baby?
- Interesting at the people who justify this disrespect of the flag by deflecting.
- I’m curious how China handles people desecrating a Chinese flag. My guess is it doesn’t work out too well for the individual.