and a lot more through chain migration. In a few terms congress will be full of AOC and Omar.
- Microsoft trollExpThat's awesome! More undocumented immigrants and fewer H1Bs! More hardworking Latinos and fewer Indian and Chinese cheaters!
- I used to support sanders at some level, but he is getting a bit extreme. His numbers are making less sense than ever and he seems more poised to combat the growing conservative movement. I fundamentally agreed with anti-lobbying, but he's moved from relatively fair rich taxes to the rich will pay for all of the debt. I question if that is the best route for America.
As an analog, the best way to lose weight is to diet(budget spending) rather than entirely by exercise(extreme tax). Diet includes thousands of calories, but the best workout can be a few hundred
- I'm a lefty moderate, maybe a bit conservative on immigration-but hear out the logic. I want to know others' opinions on this too. Please respectfully debate.
I do fear a bit (not to the extreme) the long term impacts of amnesty and the impacts of chain migration. Amnesty is generally an open invitation to illegal immigration in some level, especially when amnesty in some form comes at least every decade or so.
America's government was founded on representation at a local level. When immigrants are allowed in huge numbers, votes are swayed away from local and internal struggles to representing the voice of people with strong foreign ties and opinions. Policy changes will take the time of politicians to focus on external issues like immigration and foreign conflicts. Those issues affect relatively few Americans, but the focus is needed to attract voters.
Time is spent there rather than on domestic issues like healthcare, infrastructure, and education which affects every person living in America.
- Should an immigrant not be able to participate in local government because he has "strong foreign ties"? And what ties are these and how will you guage these ties? Does an immigrant not worry about the same healthcare, infrastructure, and education?
If votes are " swayed away", remember that they are swayed away by other americans. Those americans happen to be immigrants, but they are Americans. Their votes matter as much as anybody's. It's like saying "old people away votes to the GOP, so let's strip them of voting rights". If you don't like the way someone votes, well, that's un American of you.
America as we know it was created by immigrants from Europe who fought the locals, defeated and subjugated them, and setup a new government and an economy built by using free labor kidnapped from Africa and treated like property.
- Remember that citizenship takes a while to earn, even after obtaining a GC and I believe that has the real purpose of taking the time to internalize American issues. It's hard to become properly informed. Everybody has ties abroad, whether it be ancestry, previous visits, or maybe a few years of living. That's fine and we can learn something from the success of other countries. My fear is that legislation will be swayed to help get their distant relatives and friends to America just because it's a better quality of life.
I respect the voting opinions of citizens alone (willing to debate here even if you aren't tho). I want them to have taken the time and personalization of the issues of their domestic community primarily and international community 2nd.
I don't see a purpose in dredging the horrors of a Spanish-funded Italian man who wanted personal glory. The smallpox blankets are what primarily destroyed the continent. Furthermore, America kept slavery for too long but the Atlantic slave trade was a Dutch invention. Slavery existed for millennia across the world and the word "slave" comes from Slavs that were enslaved at one point in time. Don't forget that the Mayans were famous for having slaves that they killed publicly and as religious sacrifice. The world sucks, ok.
The American revolution was done specifically because the local opinion wasn't represented. Our founding fathers set out to protect local communities by establishing and protecting the sovereignty of townships, states, and federal representation of states as well as sub-state regions.
- No, for protecting the rich and powerful. I'm still waiting on the middle class benefits that the republicans promise. They also have been politically opposed to science forever - remember that Kennedy, a democrat, inspired America to become the scientific and technological world power. That advancement led to the strongest military and economy in the world. They don't care about the millennial opinions on climate change, which will be their ultimate downfall. They will not flip their stance out of ego
- @Intel how is Democrat’s stance any good? They are desperate to buy voter base and screwing up the country with u skilled people . These people will drain welfare money. I agree Republicans have been stupid, but answer to that is not Democrats. It’s like both options are evil. We as a people should be more than just choose one over the other. We should dictate what this country should be. Do u really want Democrats to ruin the country with their desperate moves? Do u really think they are smart enough to fix ur above mentioned problems?
- "U skilled people"
Yo, I'm a 9th gen from the U.K. with a documented pre-revolution ancestry.
I do agree that 2 parties are killing the system and last time I didn't vote after the primaries because both candidates sucked. I believed it was the worst presidential election in history.
I believe in the democrats for one reason alone - they will always try. I've always believed that embracing change is the only way forward. I'd rather have a country that tries something and fails rather than be status quo and die with complacency.
I've never seen republican front runners that really invoke a change and promote the middle class(what I believe is America's true strength). The middle class is small business. It has always been an argument that the rich will bring money to the middle, and maybe even the poor. However, the democrats are anti-monopoly and always fight the rich and/or ultra-powerful, if nothing else at least in rhetoric. Do I believe breaking google and FB is good? No. I do believe that Comcast and GM are terrible. Those are both businesses that can split previous mergers and survive on their own.
- Microsoft TrumpWins@Intel so you’re fine with Mao’s policies in China which killed tens of millions of people just because he “embraced change” and “tried something”? Or how about Chavistas in Venezuela? Do you admire them right now after they “tried something”? Will you admit you and the democrats were wrong when your policies fail?
- 1) I actually cited that failure is something that occurs when "trying" things. It takes a mature standpoint to admit failure and I doubt that you would admit any conservative failures, ever. Prove me wrong by listing an example.
2) Mao and Venezuela are good examples of corruption, where cronies come to power as an oligarchy. This isn't the goal of our democrats. Also, our parties are far more conservative than those parties. Bernie and AOC are pulling wildly crazy stunts to get elected. Pelosi isn't ever for them, so they aren't winning the entire party.
3) Also, while I don't agree with all of Mao's policies, it did help China to not become India. That is a small success, even if the humanitarians don't agree with him. That is a small price to pay and is "trying" something.
4) Only conservatives tout that our democrats are wild communists to try to prevents moderates from joining their ranks. It's sensational rhetoric.
5) I believe that European, and really Germany, liberals are generally more successful because it isn't dominated by oligarchy. It's easy to cite the most extreme examples in the world to pass off every policy as failure.
- Have anyone actually read the article?
Have anyone actually looked at retirements to qualify for DACA?
Here just a few:
- you have to have college degree or be in school
- you have to have spotless criminal background
Those kids are more American than any H1B here. I bet non of them go around and shit on over groups of people
- There are no excuses to committing a crime. If that's the case everyone in this world has a reason to commit a crime. If life is hard in mexico why don't they find something to do there? Aren't there schools and colleges in Mexico? They come here illegally for greed. In that case, I feel like if I robbing a bank, my life will be settled too!!. Guess what if i get caught they aren't gonna award my kids a lottery like these DACA?