I don't need anything but it is depressing not to buy during the sale.
I have a decent phone, laptop. Not interested in smart watch, TV or video games.
What to do?
- One other tip that helps if it’s the before Christmas sales but after Thanksgiving. Go to Angel Tree and pick out a few people who are in need and buy something for them for the holidays. It doesn’t have to be much, but for those people you’ll make their year.
- Is this issue common amongst people who move to the US from less consumer-centric countries? People born into the US are used to it and so don’t take it as seriously IMO. It’s like a fun little game. No one should be getting depressed that they don’t need anything that’s on sale. That’s fucked.
- New / DesignMzmzmmmDon’t fall for this toxic marketing. The only reason to “buy” anything is if you really need it, would enjoy it, or can afford to.
We’re conditioned by our own companies and western culture to buy and upgrade constantly.
Start spending money to BUY FOR LIFE if you can. Knowing you got something that will just work as long as possible or help you craft memories is worth much more than the latest gadget.
- Celebrate Buy Nothing Day, then you can feel smug and superior to the consumer drones
- Don’t be depressed. You are content and there is nothing wrong with that.
Another way to look at it is this: find something that will save you time or improve your quality of life. We all have the same amount of time every day, and time is something we can’t get back. Same is true for things like our health. Do you spend too much time cleaning? Get a cleaning robot. Do you eat out all the time? Take a cooking class. Want to get healthier? Get a Fitbit. You get the idea.
I personally didn’t want a smart watch either but I’ve been trying to be healthier and failing at it for over a decade. In a moment of desperation I got a Fitbit and really put in the effort. My weight, sleep and activity levels are all far better and I can track it all and make adjustments. I went from content (like you) to happy.
- Considering the deliberate effort to fuck up your holidays by overthinking, I feel op is a female..
BTW look for someone moving in to Bay area from India. You'll find many and shop on their behalf 😂😂😂