Hey guys. I learned coding is not for me and didn’t enjoy it. I left Amazon a few months ago to do some soul searching and have been reading/Studying various career paths.
Looking for suggestions whether I should pursue PM or Sales?
Note: I did a lot of research before making this thread but blind is the best place for such info.
1. What type of skills are needed in this role? I’m good with people and soft skills but not very organized. I suppose this is something I’d need to learn?
2. How hard is career progression?
I have light PM experience (helped PM launch 2 products at Amzn). I’d probably need to go small company PM then FAANG.
1. How do you close if it’s a bad market segment/territory?
2. What happens if you don’t meet quota and get fired? Are you screwed for your next sales job?
3. How hard is career progression?
Again good with people but no prior enterprise sales experience. I worked as a sales guy for Zales Jewelers when I was in college and it was fun.
I’d probably need to start off as an SDR and Inside sales rep? I was looking at Sales Engineer but they seem to be the supporting guys and don’t make as much TC.
Also if someone could critique my resume it would be lovely.
Thank you Blind fam!
If you want a shitty paying job you could get into a sales job straight away bc they won't be competitive. Btw if you answer "why do you want to be in sales" with "I like people" I'd send you packing. That's the softest bullshit.