Dilemma about joining company..... please help...

Samsung sammy2
Mar 23 19 Comments

There is this company A who offered me an offer in Sep 2018. Since i needed sponsorship, i had to wait for visa transfer. This company took a little long on that process and started only late December. That made me doubtful and thought of other opportunities. They assured me and had my process done by late January. By that time i already scheduled interview with company B. I cleared the interview and they offered me a offer around $70K more than company A, and I couldn't deny them. But again i will have to do visa transfer with company B.
Since A waited around 6 months i joined them in early March. But now Company B is asking to join as soon as possible.
I feel that it is professionally not fair to just stay in company A for a month or two and then join company B.
But iam already in this messed up situation.
How should i talk about this with company A?

Thanks for reading this long post.

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 19 Comments
  • Microsoft
    tech.ladki

    Microsoft

    PRE
    Google
    tech.ladkimore
    Take some to join B, coast at A.
    Everyone is happy and you get to relax!
    Mar 23 0
  • New luvr
    Follow the 💰
    Mar 23 3
    • Samsung sammy2
      OP
      That's what iam doing..... just that feeling unfair for company A
      Mar 23
    • New luvr
      70k is real $ ...feelings are passe ... Company is not going to go out of business....ur not that important either...... Yes it will be tough communication... Just deal with it.
      Mar 23
    • Samsung sammy2
      OP
      Thanks for your input....
      Mar 23
  • New PlumDew
    You should not have joined A at all, if B was in the works
    Mar 23 2
    • Samsung sammy2
      OP
      I also think so... but now i have already joined A...
      Mar 23
    • Dropbox systest
      Don’t blame OP. The visa system makes it hard for unemployment gaps.
      Mar 23
  • New PlumDew
    Get B’s visa approved, then make the call. It’s unfair for A if you join B , but that’s life ,70K is a big amount
    Mar 23 2
    • Samsung sammy2
      OP
      70K is a big amount... and also its a Tier 1 company... that is the brand my career needs..... but i really feel sorry about company A.... feels like iam cheating them...
      Mar 23
    • Forget about company A. They will forget about you in a day. Explain them your motivation and move on.
      Mar 23
  • Conduent Mile
    Just be sure you won't ever want to work at company A again. Try not to burn Bridges.
    Mar 24 1
  • Uber kvTo06
    If you know you’re going to leave in a few months, why do you want to invest more time and effort in building your career in company A, also while regretting not joining B. Unless you are a senior leader in the company, most people are easily replaceable. You shouldn’t worry about it
    Mar 23 0
  • Dropbox systest
    Go. You’re not putting your 100% in A when you regret not getting B.
    Mar 23 0
  • Amazon vjcjccjfj
    70k is non trivial amount of $. are you ok with paying out of pocket that much to stay with your current company? i would explain the situation to A as it is: you interviewed while waiting for visa and found better fit
    Mar 23 2
    • Samsung sammy2
      OP
      Somehow i feel guilty.... since A waited that long for me.....i don't know what A might feel
      Mar 23
    • Do NOT feel guilty about a company taking forever and paying you 70 k less. Ffs
      Mar 23
  • Samsung sammy2
    OP
    That's what Iam thinking of.. perhaps couple of months
    Mar 24 0

Salary
Comparison

    Real time salary information from verified employees