Thinking about buying a new car. Plan to occasionally drive to Tahoe in the winter, 1-2 per month. Would adding AWD be worth it?
TOP 13 Comments
- TuneIn WsvF24It better to have it, so you don’t have to crawl around the car installing chains. Very hard task for software coders
- Totally. Under certain road conditions police only allows 4wds or 2wds with snow chain on the road. So having a 4wd could save you the hassle/expense of putting on the chains
- I have been up there only 2-3 times, I am not an expert on the topic. What I gathered is when the snow actually falls they tend to have this regulation in effect because it is impossible to keep all the roads clear of snow. That is pretty frequent during the winter period
- laughed at people putting on chains in a blizzard as i sped past towards boreal with AWD
- Microsoft MSFTBROAWD in deep snow is useless unless you turn off traction control.
AWD is waayy better for slick roads.