Graduated earlier this year. I was thinking of buying a used porsche cayman or 911 for 50-60k. I’ve only been working for a few months but the financials seem to work out. No student loans or debt. I can max out my 401k and Roth and still have room for the $1,000 a month loan payments. Is this a good idea or am I being a fucking idiot?
TOP 61 Comments
- My 2 cents - A Porsche looks fine on a driveway of a million dollar house, not under a Carport.
- As a Porsche owner and with your financials laid out, I say go for it.
But, before that happens, what’s your housing situation? Emergency funds?
- Down payment on a condo + a motorcycle vs a Porche. Nice, ya go for it dude.
- Definitely being fucking idiot. You don't have enough savings if shit hits the fan. Buy the car only if you can afford to wreck two of them and be alright financially.
- Intel ScarfaceBeing in a California you can ride a motorcycle most part of the year. Riding a motorcycle and having a cheap Japanese practical car won’t burn your wallet and is on par cool and exciting is what I think.
- Better to make stupid decisions when you're young. The first time you need an out-of-warranty repair on it you'll know exactly what I meant.