Do you really need these high-tech features in a car?
Do you think adaptive cruise control is really useful?
How about lane keep assistant, blind spot monitoring, etc? What else, you name it.
I'm buying a new car and considering an upgrade with these features.
- eBay / EngseatmoreA lot of drivers are shit, so yeah they do help. For the rest of us who understand how to operate a car and don’t text while driving, they’re not as useful
- Intel DaddyCosbyWhen you are stuck in traffic, adaptive cruise control will be very useful
- They’re all useful! I can’t imagine driving without them.
Adaptive cruise control, is like set and forget. Lane keep assist is useful on curvy mountain roads. Blind spot monitoring is awesome when driving large vehicle when even head turns won’t cover everything
- @uuui Well, the minivan is the only choice for me. The only alternative is a SUV is similar size..so no real difference. Larger cars are definitely less wieldy. So it totally makes sense that these safety features made it into commercial trucks a decade before consumer cars.
I’m pretty sure your insurance premium goes down with advanced safety features.
- Microsoft / EngLockZuckUpI still drive a manual. All I need is ABS. I can actually drive though and enjoy driving
- Groupon vrMN64Adaptive CC is pretty useful during stop and go traffic (and usually paired with emergency braking), I read somewhere that these technologies remove the boring parts of driving so you can focus on the fun parts, which is why I got them and def agree. Besides you can always think you’re a great driver and get hit by a shitty driver, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- TI IOlOl0Most civic and even corolla level cars come with those features included... adaptive cruise control helps with stop and go traffic which takes off a lot of stress. The question is if you’re buying a new car it’ll likely have the feature already unless you’re buying a car that’s 3-4 years old.
All these features are safety aids which helps you avoid accidents so I think you should welcome them. It does cost more in German cars if you want these whereas they’re more or less included on several Japanese cars