Do you support this 3rd trimester abortion stuff that's going around?
166 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Yes they do! Every single person ever who has ever posted a selfie 🤳 with that ultrasound photo says “we’re pregnant! Here’s our sweet baby!”
To loving parents, it’s a child from the moment you pee on a stick and it says positive.
Having an abortion is no different than drowning your kids in the bathtub, it requires the same logic track to justify the deed to yourself.Jan 302
- That specific word “infant” probably yes.
I think most people refer to it as “baby”
“Oh here honey, feel the baby kick”
“The baby likes it when you sing to her”
“Hey, this isn’t a great time for a baby, maybe we should kill it and try again when it’s more convenient for all of us?”Jan 304
- No, I don’t agree; and it makes no difference. You’re using a name to dehumanize a baby so it doesn’t sound as horrible. Abortion vs infanticide at this point could be 5 minutes apart.
I mean, continuing the logic of aborting it 5 minutes before delivery, would it still be ok to dump the baby in the garbage bin after it was born with in a few minutes?
This law is so twisted.Jan 304
- Nvidia zVEC05The laws allow for “health” but mean it in the broadest possible terms. Will having the baby make her sad/anxious, that qualifies as endangering her mental health so minutes before birth they can still kill the baby.
“Life” & “health” are two different standards. When it comes to life endangerment all but the most hard core prolifer’s will allow that.Jan 305
- Mother's life takes precedence over unborn baby's life, if you must choose due to Mom's medical condition. How is this even a question for anyone?
- Homicide can be justified.
Abortion isn’t one of those times. An unborn child is by definition innocent and doesn’t deserve to die for any reason.
So yes you’re right, I support homicide to prevent another homicide of innocent life. I also believe in castle law so defending your home against an invasion. I believe that to be justified homicide.
I also believe for the worst humans on the planet, perhaps those that commit mass acts of violence or egregious sexual assault. We can legally take that persons life on the form of the death penalty.Jan 311
- "have you ever noticed the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place?" - George Carlin
Also if you're for killing those who commit egregious sexual assault you'd be killing all of your Catholic priest brothers! Are you sure you want to go down that path?
- There is no discrete point where a developing thing becomes a human entitled to full rights. It's continuous and therefore all arbitrary based on each person's beliefs. Some people think it's wrong to "spill" semen even, while there are others who think it's ok to kill a born child (some cultures have frequently killed female infants in particular). So given the spectrum of diverse belief in USA culture today, where does society decide to draw the line? Gotta have some compromise
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- It’s hard not to get emotional when a tiny little baby is getting cut up by scissors ✂️.
Although I do agree accurate terminology should be used.
A human being starts when an egg is fertilized by a sperm. Conception = life
And taking a life = homicide
Abortion = legal homicide
Question is - are the reasons given to justify legal homicide enough to keep abortion legal?
I argue, absolutely no.
- I’ll play.
I’m well aware that our country doesn’t recognize our most vulnerable population - unborn infants in the law like it should. However, the law does take into affect that when a pregnant woman is murdered, it’s a double homicide. The law at one point and still does recognized an unborn child as a valuable. The only difference I see between homicide and abortion is intent.
But all the same it’s homicide.
Let’s use another analogy. Rape is illegal sex. While legal sex is consensual. Same act, intent makes the difference.
- Do you really feel there’s no scientific evidence that a person is a person?
I understand what you’re saying here, but it’s awful, and a slippery slope. This is how I could justify a mass murder, if you dehumanize it so far.
Conception is when a new life is successfully forming. Lots of science and biology to confirm.
- You’re being childish and playing with words trying to act all smart.
Conception is the first time that both an egg and a sperm have successfully created a new life and have started creating a new unique human. It’s basic biology, which is science.
Whatever you want to call it, why would we kill it?Feb 10
- As for birthing a baby months earlier than the due date, now that's a tough ethical question. What if it is so underdeveloped that it will require support for life and not have full faculties or senses? Especially since you are bringing this baby to a family already facing extreme hardship (pregnancy was endangering mom's life after all, maybe she needs treatment for cancer etc)
- Do you think it is okay to kill the baby just as it is about to be delivered?
If no, then no to this law!
Exception in cases of real concerns of serious health problems to Mom or child.
- Microsoft ShouldI🧐What about https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/i-didnt-know-i-was-pregnant/
Cases where women don’t even know they are pregnant until they are about to give birth. The baby is absolutely fine, the mother health is not at risk