I find there isn't Software Engineer opening in Zurich at career.google.com.There's only 3 engineering opening which is SRE、Android、and iOS.In my mind,Google zurich is the biggest engineering office outside the US,but I can find plenty od SWE opening in London/Tokyo/Beijing. What happened to Google Zurich ?
YOE:3 yrs Java experience
TC:100k usd in Asia
Interested in working at Google Zurich
- Facebook cocosofZurich (and most of Europe) is an awful place to live, I would take 100k in Asia any day unless you meant India or Pakistan or something.
- The best countries are actually the ones with lower "QOL", "equality", etc, such as USA, Canada, Japan, UK, Spain, etc. because those fake metrics don't reflect how it's like to actually be there and just let them ignore their issues and feel smug about themselves.
I'd say US is the best balancing all factors tbh. This coming from a non-American non-White LGBT[0-9A-Z]+ person btw
- Yeah, there is a hiring freeze in any European office now.
I’ve applied for L3 as well, but my application is on hold due to low headcount.
The recruiter asked to wait till the end of the year 😑
- Hmm interesting, London is also affected. Can you check with your recruiter if you have something different?
I even sent him this job position https://careers.google.com/jobs/results/124712063483159238-software-engineer/ - but the answer was it is only for senior SWE.
Please let me know if you know any opportunity in London!
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Google / Eng fsckThose openings aren't a reliable indicator of HC availability. Yes it's a big office and plenty of teams hiring, and not just SREs or mobile devs.
If you must, apply through a suitable generic opening in London and tell recruiter that you actually prefer Zurich, it should not be a problem
- @Range, What’s your situation? Did you pass HC already? And which office are you applying for?