I will soon be choosing between AWS and Azure but would also like to consider OCI if they hire new grads. Does anyone have any info in this? All the job postings I saw were for senior positions.
TOP 60 Comments
- I work on an OCI internal operations team and I think it sucks. The automation here is a nightmare, not standardized barely useable for even internal service teams...so difficult to manage. I can’t imaging trying to sell this shit to customers...we’re still years away. Mean while management don’t listen to fix problems and champion the right projects and just care about releasing half baked new features...Sep 3, 2018 1
- Not usually but I have seen new grads hired through regular recruiters (not college) because the recruiter got confused about some internship experience and counted it as real work experience for that person. In general I don’t recommend OCI for new grads. No mentor ship here and the managers and Ic5s won’t help you grow your career. They only care about their own ass and will just throw you under the bus. I am IC3 myself and I feel like I’m bottom of the barrel left to do all the grunt work..unable to make a difference or get promoted and I’m going to waste away here...they might pay you the most compared to other companies but there is no growth in career or raises.
If you get any other name on your resume it’s better than Oracle...
Please don’t come.
- As of now I’m leaning towards Amazon unless MS offers a good bit more. I should probably apply to some other places too I guess.
- Yes. College hiring is a different process. You won’t see such positions on their website.
- Get over yourself. Working on the “better product” is for newbs. It’s about your own scope and impact. All of OCI people are ex aws and azure people. You think they went “oh product isn’t cool so I’ll stay and work on a cooler product to get paid less and have less impact”?
- Go to AWS, learn a ton. Hop to Azure after you burnout. Land a cushy L63, rest and vest.
I second not recommending OCI for new grads.
- What about new MBA grads? I interned as a PMT in cloud computing at Amazon and have a return offer. Super interested in OCI as well but couldn't find any PM roles on the university job postings.
- Oracle gansvvYes we do. I’ve seen a few phds and masters guys come in as senior mts. A bunch of good internships or good experience with java or go helps.