I’m considering buying a house out there. My only concern is about the commute. Since I work in dt Seattle, it is like the ferry between two places is the only option. How does it to take ferry look like compared to taking bus or driving?
TOP 13 Comments
- Databricks VjemscBainbridge is a beautiful place - riding a bike or walking on the ferry are the primary ways to commute to dt Seattle. Driving alone is miserable - transit or carpooling can be tolerable
- New / ProductBQFU71Bainbridge ferry has priority over the others so it should be on time whenever possible in the sound. Ferry has way more room than bus or train. Time's not great but I'd definitely prefer ferry over the other options, basically self driving car then bike/walk/ ride to work.
- My uncle lives there. There's only like 2 restaurants on the island and small to medium stores. He loves the commute on the ferry, never any complaints about it. When I went some dude had a heart attack and died , delayed us due to the airlift. He said that was a first for him, and he's been there 40 years.
- F5 Networks RRAIt works if your job is in downtown Seattle. It gets nasty if your job moves out of the heart of downtown.
- Movement Mortgage QSaS36if you can get from your home on BI to the ferry so you can walk on or bike on - thats tons better than queuing your car up ....also on the other end - make sure you can get from ferry dock in DT seattle to your office via walking / transit too .....I know people that have done the full time commute for awhile but then seem to evolve into working part time / changing jobs or doing more telecommuting after the commute begins to get old