Is she pretty ?
Is she beautiful ?
That's not the question.
Question is : does she work in your company? If the answer is "yes" then stay the duck away from her.
- go to 1 on 1 in a closed place.
- meet outside work place.
- touch or smile or anything while communicating.
- use emojis of any ducking kind!!
- be in a group.
- look left, down, right, up and away from her
- use email and have at least 1 more person in CC in all the emails
Stay safe. Use distance. Just stay the duck away from girls at work. Apart from work related discussions.
You love your free food at google or facebook? You love your coffee at amazon? Stocks at uber ? Life on planet earth?
Do you still want to be able to afford and watch "Thanos getting killed?"
Do you want a stable life ?
STAY AWAY FROM WOMEN AT WORK, ROMANTICALLY!!!
Coming from someone who has seen too many bad things happening to guys with 0 bad intentions.
Is she pretty ?
- ZocDoc JQLc20I really hope this is trolling. And even then it’s lame. It’s not funny dude.
- Hopper / Other HhuibfdbnOr you know, just be a nice person and not do creepy shit
- I guess if this works for you, then by all means. There have been plenty of relationships started through work. Just don’t be an idiot and press a girl for something that she obviously doesn’t want.
Social cues people. Learn to read them.
- Amazon / Eng Am A BotThis is misinformation. I’m a guy engineer and have worked with women (engineers or not) for years—no issues. I’ve mentored quite a few of them, met with them one-on-one, or had lunch with them.
The key part is to be professional. Don’t leer at them, don’t stare but do look at them in the eye, that kind of stuff.
- People are different and have different emotional levels. Your rules doesn’t apply for not even 10% work force.
Also not everyone’s life is simple to explain or sort out. So, chill and grow up
- Salesforce L2normmoreGirl here, and I agree with OP. Would generalize to all genders and all romantic relationships at work.
When relationships go sour, people become jerks and even a perfectly consensual relationship can cause professional damage should the circumstances go wrong!
If I started a relationship with someone in my company I'd be looking to change jobs. Or at least move to a different location.
- Allscripts hsje48Okay so in short act professional at work? If you only have a binary choice between being a perv or a professional at work, def pick being professional.
- Intel babubhattSeriously? This is the Mike Pence strategy, and it seriously does women a disservice.
Tech leadership is mostly male and it’s bs if those leaders only mentor / meet 1:1 with other men, or will only email other men without someone in the cc.
Better rule: don’t be an asshole.
- Unless you are attractive and non creepy then ignore everything above.
- Look there are 20k+ employees here at Google bay area offices. I personally know many couples within the company. So chill! I'd avoid within the same team, or in your report chain.
- Amazon Pooper69At my past company my boss met his now wife at work. They both were to 10% performers. Their roles required trips, meetings, etc together. Honestly if it weren’t for their same last names and wedding rings you wouldn’t even guess they were married. I felt no awkwardness from their relationship.