Double standard: Speaking Hindi - presence of non Hindi speaker of India vs non Indian
This is really getting worst day by day. Many north Indians and Andra people speak in Hindi in team space and lunch during a non Hindi speaking INDIAN presence BUT mostly avoid during the presence of a non Indian. This is a double standard.
They don't care a shit when a non Hindi speaking Indian presence, they keep talking in Hindi even though they know I don't understand Hindi ( even after fucking I told them several times). This is across all companies, groups and teams. I worked in a dozen of companies in USA. Same everywhere.
These Hindi speakers even talk to me directly in Hindi again and again even after telling them I don't understand a shit in Hindi being a Tamilian. Why don't you fucking talk in Hindi to an American? Why you think you have a previleged to talk in Hindi in the presence of non Hindi speaking Indian but not in the presence of non Indian?
Understand these first.
1. About 95% Tamilians, don't fucking understand Hindi.
2. These 95% of Tamilians don't hate Hindi. They simply don't understand and never got a chance to learn. It's like a Mandarin to them.
3. Who knows Hindi in Tamil Nadu? Only those who studied in CBSC which is about 2%, mulism tamilians which about 3% ( not all Muslim in TN) and Bramins which is about 0.5% (again not all bramins in TN) and 0.1% who learned on special interest or by other means.
4. Again I or most tamilians don't hate Hindi. We never got a chance to learn. We Don't fucking understand it. You fucking understand that.
5. Tamilian don't hate North Indians. We simply get irritated when you speak Hindi even after knowing we don't understand a shit in Hindi.
So, treat Tamilians and other non Hindi speaking Indians with the same way you treat a non Indian.
I admit even tamilians speak in Tamil in front of North indian. It's same fucking ridiculous double standard. Regardless North or South, most Indians have this double standard. But tamilians are worst affected in this because they're minority in most teams