Driving license renewal with I797 approval notice

Cisco / Data

Cisco Data

Intel Corporation
May 13 4 Comments

My H1B and I94 is soon expiring, and I am heading out for stamping with the I797 approval notice. Driving license expires around same time

Will I be able to renew it just eith I797 approval notice or I need to have my H1B stamped and I94 renewed.


Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 4 Comments
  • Cisco alcohol
    Of your i797 doesnt come in time you can get ab type license (state ca illegal immigrants) and when your i797 comes back convert it back (or keep it as it is your wish) Only disadvantage with ab type is you cannot use it at airports for identification
    May 13 0
  • Verizon / Eng ComTruis3
    You only need I-797 copy and I-94. DMV doesn’t care if you have a visa stamped in your passport. They will issue you the license till the end of your I-797 date with Limited Term written over the license.
    May 13 0
  • LinkedIn bVMy63
    They give these licenses to illegals in CA. I hope you can get it, or would have been ridiculous.
    May 13 0
  • Cerner !ex !Ex
    I do not have H-1 B stamped, but have it approved since last 6 years.

    I-797 should suffice. Also take copy of your I-94 and visa stamp whichever (F-1, H-1, etc) to get License with which you can board planes, rather than needing passport. Some law is changing going in effect at end in 2020
    May 13 0