Educational advise

Uber Xwrv60
Oct 14 9 Comments

1. CPA with becker or wiley? Which will be efficient?
2. Is there any special certification course availabke to become financial analyst (eg. FMVA- Financial modeling and valuation analyst) or any relevant suggestion is highly appreciated.


Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 9 Comments
  • AAA / Finance xxx614
    You could also get your FP&A certification for the Association of Finance professionals. This is the same association who gives out the CTP, certified treasury professional.
    Oct 15 1
    • Microsoft / Finance Amy Wood
      There is a certification to work in FP&A? lol
      Oct 17
  • New / Biz Dev ABbz61
    Financial Analyst route would be the CFA
    Oct 15 1
    • E*Trade / Finance cbEV72
      It depends. On credit side or structureed finance cpa can be valuable too
      Oct 15
  • Voya IWAV
    Becker for CPA, it's what I used.

    CFA but only if working in investments. It's a 3 year commitment also..You could also try CFA Foundations for free on the CFA Institute website to see if you like the material. Give you a better idea of actual CFA materials
    Oct 15 0
  • CBRE / Finance REGod
    For Real Estate Private Equity or Real Estate IB you can get a Real Estate Financial Modeling (REFM) certification which is more focused on actual excel modeling (valuation, capital stacks and waterfall/promotes) than theoretical concepts like in the CFA
    Oct 15 0
  • New / Finance

    New Finance

    CFA, there are other certifications like cfp caia cipm but they are more closely related to wealth management/investments
    Oct 15 0
  • E*Trade / Finance cbEV72
    2. No

    You can consider CFA though to become an analyst you don’t need it
    Oct 15 0
  • Bank of The West / Finance perlage
    Well you could try to become a CFA charterholder
    Oct 15 0


    Real time salary information from verified employees