Do you believe women’s World Cup team should get paid as much as men despite the fact that men’s World Cup made 6 billion in revenue while women’s World Cup made 131 million?
224 VOTES SELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
TOP 40 Comments
- New antisocialkidWhy distinguish between men’s and women’s World Cup anyway — Just have one World Cup and let everyone play, whichever team wins gets the prizes. That’d be pretty equal isn’t it?
- Are you saying west is less gender biased?
- The us women’s team brings in more than the us men’s team. In fact they have been supporting the men’s team for years. The revenue of the World Cup overall is irrelevant here — other countries are extremely sexist and haven’t developed womens game the way the us has.
- This is factually inaccurate due to the amount of money that the World Cup makes.
If you have evidence that sponsorships make the women’s team more money - ok... I’m always happy to learn something new. However, you’re going to have to prove that instead of write a feels based post
- Stupid survey. Why would you look at World Cup revenue when the players are employed by and are suing the US Soccer Federation (they’re employer). For their employer, women have brought in more revenue and therefore, based on the results of this shitty survey, should be making more. Right? Or what am I missing?
What are your stats and proof for more revenue?
- Thanks for the post. Will take a look later. Here’s one that I saw:
- Zillow Group ipoopBy total revenue, uswnt already brings in more than usmnt. But they get shafted :( zero compensation for a lost game, wtf? Men get $5k each when they lose. And they lose a lot more than the women!
- New / R&D einprositMen get paid on bonuses only per game. Women get a 100k base salary. It comes down to the last collective bargaining agreements.
Although I believe the MLS clubs.pay the players to be on the national team as well.
Regarding revenues, because the men's team sucked.so badly and missed the cup, the women's team made more revenue. So they should probably have made more than the men over the past few years.
The biggest inequality is the facilities and travel etc. The women have to deal with much lower quality stuff which is just shameful.Jul 11 2
- If the men made the World Cup final, their viewership, revenue, and sponsorship opportunities would be 100x that of the women. Pay isn’t just about past results, it’s also about future potential ROI.
Do male swimsuit models make as much as women?
- Misleading premise. You're comparing global World Cup revenue but the numbers for the *US* men's and women's teams are about equal.
The complaint isn't about the global World Cup prize money (which is outside the teams' control) but the salary (& other comp) they are paid to be part of the national-level professional team the rest of the time.
- Men are paid 7% of the total revenue.
Women are paid 22% of the total revenue.
Now you tell me.