Had a chat with CTO of a well funded startup with well known founders. He asked me he will prepare an offer if I am inclined to join.
I am on the fence and want to explore other onsites that are already scheduled. And frankly, I may go with other startup if that one works out.
I am just inclined to ask them to prepare and the offer, and negotiate till the other startup onsite is done. At the same time, I don't want to come across as disingenuous.
Tell him that you're really interested in his firm (if you are), but that you're also interviewing elsewhere, and that your decision obviously does depend on the offer itself.