YOE? Current TC?
What sort of jobs can I apply for that will pass the recruiter/hr sniff test at the top tech companies. I am the founder and CTO of a series B startup who is burnt out at my current job.
- Amazon / MgmtKYuG83Any SDM or EM jobs. Perhaps at the director level depending on your experience. My director in AWS was a CTO at a much smaller company before joining.
YOE? Current TC?
- Agree — Netflix and Facebook are not known to be easy employers either though.
I’m surprised the TC is that low. Are you leaving out the value of your equity? What % is your equity? I’d guess ~2% as CTO, 2% of a 50MM company is 1MM in equity, but not sure when you’d ever liquify it.
You can double 200K TC as an SDM/EM easily at L6 (at Amazon, minus 1 level for F and G).
- Great you have around 2.5 M of Equity. Not sure how far the company is from some sort of exit - but maybe you can sell back or use something like Equidate to sell ?
Also curious if you are a Founder and a CTO, why is your stake just 5% ? [Maybe it was more earlier, reduced to 5% due to dilutions]
- What’s your experience in? “Founder” and “CTO” are both fairly broad terms as it pertains to day to day activities especially at a start up. Where you out pitching to clients and VCs to keep the lights on or where you driving technical vision or where you acting on implementing technical vision?
Also what sort of job do you want? It sounds like you know what companies you want to work for but no clue what sort of work you want to do; that’s a little backwards
- I was able to build the product, capital raise in the first year. Next two years was all about scaling engineering including including hiring, setting up processes, building engineering culture etc. I feel like I have nothing more to learn here. Want to work where I am well paid and learning from smarter people and working at bigger scale.
- YoE and TC? And location? Can't help much without that. General sense would be target Director level and see how they respond.