What is the average base salary and TC look like for Data Scientist Analytics position L5 IC at Facebook Menlo Park office?
32 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
- Uber God.I feel like this is the most talked about position on blind. So many people want to write queries for 200k lol
- Very poorly designed poll, what's the level you are talking about.
Also, there is no free lunch. The reason these roles pay a lot is because a lot of strategic thinking is also expected especially as you move up. At some point you'll move away from writing queries to conceiving analysis and helping set strategic direction of things.
I think the people best positioned to do this job really are economists. But that's not the majority at the company right now.
- Right, insights and having business sense/strategy when you analyze data is a skill set that a lot of highly technical data scientists lack. And can be even more impactful. Nonetheless, since salary is determined by supply/demand of skill set required, analytics work is always going to pay less. But for people who have bachelors and ~3 years experience without advanced stats degrees, this type of role is pretty attractive.
- Comp for IC5 data scientist analytics isn’t 300k.
Think something like 170k base, 15% bonus and 200k RSU.
- If you have a bachelor's and your skill are SQL, r, python, you can expect 150k average West coast, which isn't really a lot. 100k East coast. Adjusted for cost of living, sde wins every time