Offered Level 4 engineer from both. Which one would you recommend/join? why?
The main points I'm considering are
- Impactful projects
- career growth
- TC increase when promoted to level 5
Does it still has an upside in terms of $ joining close-to IPO company like Uber?
- New £lajJwmFb then u can go anywhere. Uber and everyone will think you are a jerk.
- OP, why do you feel that FB has lots of room to grow? I’m ex-FB. The issue there is that nearly everyone on the internet is already on FB and they’re reaching ad saturation. If folks aren’t on FB it is not because they haven’t heard about it at this point. FB has to diversify its business to grow now.
On the other hand, Uber is less than one percent of the overall transportation market. The growth opportunity is huge and there is real meaningful impact to people’s lives.
If you were considering FB 8 years ago, it would be a different story. That ship has sailed. You’ll get to tinker on what has already been built if you go there. The playing field is still very wide open with Uber, and you can have greater and deeper impact there.Mar 29, 2018 5
- Keep in mind that when exiting markets, Uber is negotiating big stakes when exiting and gaining board seats. Owning 30% of the overall ridesharing market worldwide is huge. Even better when there are fewer players in each region and aren’t undercutting one another. This is not a zero-sum game.Mar 29, 2018 1
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- I chose Uber over FB and Googl 3 years ago, even after been through so much shit in 2017 I’m still optimistic and wouldn’t have grown into the role I have today otherwise, for which I am grateful.