Facebook Is Failing It’s Black Employees & UsersNov 28
Another day, another example of Facebook showing its true colours as a terrible company.
I can’t believe it’s 2018 and we still have companies like Facebook openly discriminating against minorities.
How long will it take until the misogynists and racists at Facebook are shown the door? It’s time for change.
- New cherokeetoHow did the Chinese and Indians reach there? They are definitely from a weaker economy with lesser privileges than any citizen of USA(black or white). Heck they have no support of any form in any school in USA or company, for the starters English is not their native language. Many of them saw computer for the first time when they had already passed out of school.
- Those three groups you mentioned have their own spaces where they can come together and celebrate their heritage in peace. The moment their peace is disturbed say, for example, by a anti-Semite shooting up a synagogue, most rational people can come together in their defense. But, the minute black people do the same and come together in their safe spaces, they’re “complaining” or it’s “reverse racism”.
Mind you, that following the Holocaust, Jewish people were awarded the state of Israel that still enjoys financial backing from the US today. Following WWII, American soldiers stayed in Japan to rebuild the Japanese nation and economy and to this day enjoy a bilateral friendship with the west despite having started as bitter enemies. You could even say that those are forms of reparations.
India hasn’t enjoyed the same sorts of luxuries, but benefits from being resource rich and having roughly a 7th of the global population.
- Elie Wiesel won his Nobel prize for being a reminder of consequences of the Holocaust. Facebook just the other day had a filter tagged “together against anti semitism” following the Pittsburgh shooting at a synagogue. Netanyahu frequently gives speeches where he invokes the memory of the Holocaust in defense of Israel. Gtfoh saying that Jewish people don’t remember and talk about the consequences of the Holocaust, and neither should they.
- Netanyahu’s messaging usually rings along the tone of “The Holocaust irreparably harmed the global Jewish community and anti-Semitism is still a huge problem, so keep sending Israel aid”. By your reasoning, that sounds like victimhood to me.
I also didn’t say that Jewish people don’t talk about the Holocaust. I clearly stated that they can and should.
- Facebook is definitely racist but not in this way. It's racist because almost every team is Chinese dominated and if you aren't Chinese or Caucasian they'll treat you like shit.
- >”Non-black people are reporting what are meant to be positive efforts as hate speech, despite them often not violating Facebook’s terms of service.”
Hahaha so you guys weaponize the categorization of others’ speech and empower everyone to be the speech police....then it bites you in the ass? Sorry not sorry.
- Why is this a vote? Non-black people shouldn’t get to decide what constitutes anti-black racism because they’ll never live the experience of a black person facing anti-black racism.
- Lmao did 4chan recently teach you that phrase because where do I say that the oppression of other groups is less valid than the oppression of another? I’m just saying that white people should stay in their lane because we can’t possibly fathom the part of the black experience where you face anti-black racism and that’s as much a fact as it is that black people can’t fathom anti-Asian racism.
Flagged by the community.
- Undisclosed lisafrank> there were “more ‘Black Lives Matter’ posters than there are actual black people”.
This is just standard white liberal shit. Walk through any posh 99% white/asian neighborhood in Seattle and you’ll see these signs everywhere. Do they actually give a shit about black people? Lol no it’s just virtue signaling.
- Facebook is sexist, at least, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they are racist too. By being racist, I mean tolerating racism and not firing those who act inappropriately to others due to race. I used to work there and am so glad I left.
- Explain what you mean by this thought police statement? I’m talking about actions, and speaking is an action. Nobody is being fired for thinking racist or sexist thoughts and then not acting on them. Though it is unlikely that sexist and racist folks don’t inadvertently act on them.