TOP 22 Comments
- Amazon / EngnetscapeOG1. Don’t bring your work laptop home
2. Don’t check your email after hours, uninstall from your phone
3. Take your lunch breaks outside of the office building and get fresh air
4. Take your vacation days and don’t be afraid to use them
5. Make sure you’re eating well, preferably 3 full meals a day
6. Get a full 8+ hours of sleep a day if possible, set a consistent, strict routine schedule to wake up/sleep everyday.
7. Go to the gym, workout, or do cardiovascular activities (indoor soccer, etc.)
8. Socialize with friends, family, or find a hobby to distract you
You’re feeling burnt out, which is normal, unfortunately. You need a mental refreshment, which involves usually taking a hiatus from anything technology. You got this, friend!
- FactSet / EngGiggsymoreBeen there, admittedly still a little there. Don’t slack at work, but do limit the amount you work. Restrict to a set start and end time (9-5 for example). Reach out to friends, socialize. More than anything else, start working out. The endorphins released from working out, be it lifting or cardio or even biking outdoors for some time everyday, goes a long way in improving mental state and driving happiness.