Fuck her and enjoy it. 🤙
We both work in the US. Can other 5'0" to 6'6" Indians who are married or have fiancees revert back with their thoughts on getting a prenup?
She's a sweet girl, and I plan to be with her in the long run, but I need an insurance policy if she walks away 10 years down the line. (My TC could eventually end up becoming 10x hers if I move into management).
However, she is worried when I bring it up, and I understand her point of view as well, given that divorces are still rare in south India where we both are from, and she feels that it will make it easy for me to walk away instead of fighting for the marriage if we hit a rough patch. How should I do the needful?
TC: 🌲fiddy for me, 100k for her.
- Microsoft PorchseA prenup is one foot in divorce court. If you have apprehensions about her loyalty. Do. Not. Marry. Her.
Fuck her and enjoy it. 🤙
- Marriage is for life. Prenups are for quitters. You are literally planning your exit before even starting your marriage. Your fiancé is right to be worried about it.
- I told my wife it’s like an insurance. You buy an insurance with the hopes you’ll never need it. But if shit happens you are happy you were insured.
Same with marriages. Of course you don’t get married with the hopes of divorcing. But life is full of incidents, many of which can break solid marriages. If that happens, you both will be happy you had a prenup
- There’s stress, mental and physical injuries, death of relatives, relocation, change of jobs, loss of jobs, difficult children, etc etc
I’ve seen divorces were it got really ugly and nasty with kids being used to get more money from the other side. Add some daily drama and blaming to it and you’ll see the value of a prenup speeding up the divorce process.
Wrt equality, you are pretty much free to put the any conditions you want in the prenup as long as both parties agree to it. Declaring a 50-50 split is something plausible
- Microsoft PlCO53If you're both working why do you need a prenup? Prenup doesn't make sense until there is a big gap in wealth between the two, and you want protect yourself from a "gold digged" situation. But it doesn't sound like you are in that situation.
- Apple PraXinI had a divorce . I am Indian . Its not rare. Get a prenup. Its the mature thing to do. As a couple you need to be able to talk about sticky stuff. This is a good test of being able to navigate through wanting different things. Make sure to protect ur income and if both of you work , waive alimony. A marriage works well if you want to be with each other but don’t have to be (self sufficient)
- Facebook N/ANo advice except that it's good that you are getting one. Divorces can get incredibly messy. Especially, if in the meantime you've live in multiple countries as courts are unsure about jurisdiction. My mom made that mistake and the divorce process took 10 years, even with good lawyers...
- I don’t know why so many people in this thread are framing this as a women vs men thing.
I’m a woman. I’ve been with my partner for almost ten years. We plan on being together for the long haul, but don’t really feel the need to get married to prove that to the world. If we did get married though, we’d probably talk about a prenup. We’ve always been very matter of fact and collaborative about discussing finances, and make sure that we’re in agreement about how to handle stuff. And would probably approach this the same way.
- Slack / EngnamelessyomoreWhat do you mean by revert back? I am confused by how it is related to the height.
- New / EngAussieSWELawyers make money by angering people that are divorcing. I watched my two dear friends blow $200k fighting over mere bullshit. It’s my understanding that prenups only protect what you already own or have. So when you’re making 10x the amount you do now, it probably won’t protect that.
- Your marital income is community property. Prenup will only help your premarital assets.
- It may or may not be community property. Depends on where you live.
- TriNet AYwy24I agree with the insurance analogy. Regardless of prenups you have to split your post marital assets down the line . Most prenups are for your preexisting valuations