Signed my offer with Microsoft and waiting for the background check. It only has been 3 days but given how consulting engagements work, I felt compelled to tell my upcoming project that I can’t join them anymore and have been rolling things off. Haven’t submitted my official two weeks but want to by the EOW since I’m moving across country and want to be able to wrap things up here ASAP. Should I just submit it? Have nothing that I lied about so feel like it’s a low risk... prove me wrong
TOP 10 Comments
- Microsoft poi3Microsoft is known to rescind offers even after background checks. I would wait until you get a start date.
- New QTdN03That's uncommon. My background check took 13 days. Usually, a start date can only be scheduled after the background check clears. According to HR, it must be a Monday at least 7 days out (after background check results come back). Two of my friends said their MS check took 9 days for one, and almost 4 weeks for the other.Apr 250
- I assume your offer is contingent on passing your background check. Do nothing before all contingencies have been met. You won't be able to join until your background check passes anyway.
- If you were honest and don't have anything negative in your background then your odds are good you will pass. However, you will be assuming some risk of things going south and then not having any job.
I had a great relationship with my manager, so I told them "unofficially" that I was going to be leaving before my background check went through, but because of our relationship and the fact it wasn't pushed officially up the chain, I had the fall back option of staying at my job if the background check failed.
- Internet Brands NrUs67How was the interview with Microsoft, would you mind some questions? Congratulations btw!