Google | Senior management to TPM role | What to do?
1. Currently a director of engineering. Salary - 200K$, YOE - 11 years.
2. Applied to Engineering management and SRE management roles at google, didn't pass interviews.
3. Currently in process of interviewing for TPM role at google.
1. Get into Google.
2. 50 to 100% increase in salary.
3. Increase future job aspects.
4. Remove possibility of lay-off since my current product not doing well.
1. Move closer to the city, doubling housing costs.
2. Currently working from home all the time. At google, this may not happen.
3. Would not be managing people, loose the management track path.
1. If i go from engineering director to TPM role, at a later point, when i apply for management role at google, would hiring folks consider my previous non-google management experience?
2. Would i look better applying for management role once i am inside google as compared to applying from outside?
3. Am i better off looking for management roles in other companies?
4. Would google consider people from TPM to engineering management, SRE management, TPM management, support management etc.?