Google closer to offer / need suggestions

Bloomberg hgAryuga
Mar 6 23 Comments

I did my first google onsite 3 weeks ago and Hiring committee said everything is good but they wanted to have one more design interview.

I did my second onsite today only for system design. I think it went really well and recruiter told me that she will get back to me on Friday with the final results . I am very positive though.

I have another offer from Facebook E5. I would like to use that get my best google offer. I am not sure if I should let my recruiter know today or after she comes up with an offer.

I read in Quora ( g recruiter bob see ) that we should let know the recruiter immediately as she can come up with the best offer first time itself as going back to VP for second approval to increase TC is difficult.

Blind says don’t disclose the offer details until you see google offer.

Also should I tell my offer details or just tell that I have an offer from facebook? Now or Friday ?

Thank you

TC : 298k
Yoe : 18

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 23 Comments
  • Lockheed Martin / Other
    Schz3

    Lockheed Martin Other

    PRE
    industrialoptic
    Schz3more
    Bottom line is if you are happy and TC is good enough, why claw for more? Reminds me of students when I taught who got a 94 on a test arguing for two more points .
    Mar 6 4
    • Gap / Eng randUser
      Why would anyone want more money? Retire earlier? Pay off all debts? Own a home faster? It makes sense why people want to be paid more
      Mar 6
    • Lockheed Martin / Other
      Schz3

      Lockheed Martin Other

      PRE
      industrialoptic
      Schz3more
      So in other words m, TC is never good enough? Smells to me like someone who does not particularly enjoy their work.
      Mar 9
    • Gap / Eng randUser
      Complacency is never good
      Mar 10
    • Lockheed Martin / Other
      Schz3

      Lockheed Martin Other

      PRE
      industrialoptic
      Schz3more
      True, and contentment is always good.
      Mar 10
  • Bloomberg hgAryuga
    OP
    They targeted me to L5. I thought you have to join and move your way.
    Mar 7 2
    • VMware / Eng zxzam
      You can ask to be considered for L6 - they’ll setup additional system design rounds, etc.
      Mar 7
    • Bloomberg hgAryuga
      OP
      Thank you , I am good at design compared to Leetcodes. I will try this
      Mar 7
  • Bloomberg hgAryuga
    OP
    Bumping up..
    Mar 6 1
    • Amazon / Eng cayde
      Lol, yeah. I was reading this waiting for people from those actual companies. Good luck!
      Mar 6
  • VMware / Eng zxzam
    With 18 yoe, you are not shooting for at least T6/E6? It is difficult to move up from L5 in G/F.

    Congrats on the Fb offer.
    Mar 7 0
  • Google diziet
    I think it's fine to wait to get an offer then counter based on a competing offer. It happens all the time.
    Mar 6 0
  • Lockheed Martin / Other
    Schz3

    Lockheed Martin Other

    PRE
    industrialoptic
    Schz3more
    Depends on how mercenary you want to appear. They might say “heck. They were good, but not great, and they have this other offer? Meh, let’s not wade into that morass and just give it to the other decent candidate. “

    Ask yourself, assuming money is the same, where would you rather work? If it is FB, maybe use the Google offer to get them to up THEIR game. If it is Google, then you probably do not mind waiting another week and send them back for their best and final.
    Mar 6 4
    • Bloomberg hgAryuga
      OP
      If the offer is matched, I would like to work for google. But I heard google initially low balls you without competing offer.
      Mar 6
    • Google ovBk62
      Either way, make both companies do at least 2 rounds of offer increases or you're gonna leave money on the table
      Mar 6
    • Bloomberg hgAryuga
      OP
      Thank you. Should I disclose the fb offer details to google or just tell them I have an offer from FB.?
      Mar 6
    • Lockheed Martin / Other
      Schz3

      Lockheed Martin Other

      PRE
      industrialoptic
      Schz3more
      Does either company regard offer data as competition sensitive?
      Mar 6
  • Facebook cukes
    Moving from L5 to L6 at either FB or G can be tricky. Don’t believe anything recruiter says. In some cases its a good thing, I’ve spoke to folks who regretted it due to often much higher expectations at 6. In other cases where you think you would def perform fine - you are stuck because the promo bar and hiring bar are pretty much unrelated. Then it comes down to how well your org recognizes you and fights for you at the review time
    Mar 7 1
    • Bloomberg hgAryuga
      OP
      Thank you , I will chat with my recruiter
      Mar 7
  • AT&T JgfX18
    at that level, your basic needs are met. You should focus on which job is funner.
    Mar 6 0
  • Oracle jePv37
    What's your yoe and how much time does fb took to respond after onsite with result.. i m in reverse situation boat..waiting for fb
    Mar 6 2
    • Microsoft JLLF15
      On the same boat. Been waiting more than a week now. No feedback. All sorts of "what's the correlation between time to hear back and the outcome" kind of thoughts going on in mind. Haha.
      Mar 6
    • Cisco TheNoob
      Same boat as you too. Had a final onsite last week and waiting to hear back...
      Mar 6