Feb 6 95 Comments
TOP 95 Comments
- Wait, what's wrong with IT? Why would you assume printers? Internet technologies? If anything, it has more with old web hosting and web design than printers.
And then, aren't we all working on internet technologies? How do you kids call it today? Does It seem like a pejorative term today? Maybe I'm just too old 😎
- This makes me feel great today. I was rejected for GCP as a SWE in October. Over 20 years of experience, including 2 at Amazon, yet I can’t land 1 of 4000 positions. I give up.
- Amazon / ProductoffertimemoreAre they making a dent in the market? I have friends at google tell me how well they are doing... and I’m like, dude have you seen your numbers?
- Can’t read the article, but are they counting the contractors as ‘hires’? Google notoriously favor contractors. They are really expensive but ineffective.
- Hey Microsoft people, insults just rid of the bat? why being so defensive, damn!
It’s known that Microsoft doesn’t have the brightest people, but you guys are for sure the rule, not the exception.
There’s huge amount of Microsoft contractors that don’t wear the orange badge
You never know, I might be doing contract work for Microsoft.
- Hey! Deep Mind, why don’t you think a little deeper before you talk? Also this is typing, which means you can literally spend some time on “deep thinking” and editing before you spew out such abomination of response.
Why so much hate toward someone (idiot) you’re clearly superior too? Is that insecurity I’m sensing here? Could it be you’re not a FTE? 🤔(deep thinking)
I thought I’m wasting my time debating with someone with no mannerisms, but the “deeper I think”, this is fun actually. 🍿
- Amazon ohhnoooGoogle hire just few compare to its wealth. while they are one of the richest company, the benefits doesn’t come to millions of Americans who needs good jobs.
- Indeed here is the simple math: one robotic arm that can lift 50lbs is 30-80k for the hardware. Double that for the dev to build the software to get it working. The arm lasts 2-5 years depending on when you want to upgrade and usage. Now you need to hire hardware engineers at 200k+ to maintain. True you save on HR related costs (less people=less HR and recruiters) but you need more expensive people for data and analytics on robotic production. It roughly costs 3x-5x the salary of a meatbag to replace them right now and it is still high risk.
- Amazon / EngonMyWaymoreIs there not a system in google’s recruiting department that prevents recruiters from reaching out to the same person multiple times? I’ve declined 3 requests in the last 2 months to move from AWS to GCP
- Nvidia $$$$:)OPSo any of the FAANG hires IC of age 45 plus ? I keep reading online about the age discrimination ..how far the age discrimination is true in Bay Area ?
- The last time I joined a company as one of the hundreds of new hires, lay-offs started exactly a year later.
- Amazon / EnglurkinHas anyone else also used the Pixel 3's call screening abilities to avoid Google recruiters? Brings immense joy every time.