I have two offers
Goolge cloud L4 TC 270
Walmart labs staff software engineer TC 350
Which one should i pick
I didn't like talking to google management too. Felt they were more complacent and arrogant.
Walmart labs was welcoming.
Current TC 210k
I have two offers
- Tableau / Eng tsgsgshaIf you include all the benefits at Google the difference won't be this much. For eg. 401k match etc. Why don't you go back to Google and ask them about your competing offer. I have seen Google offering 300k for L4.
- Tell G that other offer is competing and you will most likely accept that unless they go above that. 2 weeks is unusually long time probably they don't believe your offer like others here and trying to see if that is actually realistic. They will most likely come back when time is running out.
- How’s Google’s RSUs refreshers? And how’s stock vesting cycle? Compare at both.
Meanwhile, what is the org in Walmart?
- Walmart numbers looks off and try to negotiate with G for long term growth and learning.
Engineering culture, tech stack at Walmart is terrible and they have high attrition. If they continue to pay like this, they may end up with good hires which might be good for them eventually in future. However tread carefully as my friends there are on their way out given the internal crisis.
- Wtf. Go to Google! 😐😐 Culture is just abysmal. You'll definitely regret coming. If learning and good culture is Paramount, then no wm. There's no place to sit in Sunnyvale. It just gets frustrating after a few days.
- Google 🔥🎄⚙️Hot seats, personalized and ergonomically designed desks, spacious lounges, wallet parking, heated private restroom, readily available meeting rooms, free and high quality 3 meals a day, great diversity in terms of culture, high quality engineering and technology stack, known for its rigorous engineering practices in the bay, daily stock vesting......
Ohh that's Albertsons NOT Walmart Labs!Sep 7 2
- Apple vnqozaTake G, great long term prospects and swes are royalty there. Remember there r refreshers.
- Amazon dinglebergmoreWalmart is chaos. There are uniform engineering principals. There is so much churn or rest/vest people.
The whole atmosphere in Sunnyvale is absolutely dismal.
- The numbers of Walmart don't add up at all. Please double check. Culture at Walmart is a joke. There's no place to sit not a working desk. Promotions are reserved for management. Tech stack and systems are a mess. Talent wise is extremely low. You will regret if you join. Don't fall for the TC. Ask me questions if you have any
- NVIDIA quittOnce you get used to the perks at google difficult to work anywhere. Take Walmart labs
- Remember hell always has the best PR people. Google isn't exactly heaven. Why don't you find another place?
How the hell did you manage to get 400 stocks?
- Walmart 🌲50Op, What's your Walmart TC breakup ? I m assuming it's 200K base + 25% bonus + 100K rsu per year. What's your joining bonus and new hire RSU grant ? Did you receive written offer letter mentioning the RSU ? Recruiters are known to confuse folks on the RSU. No one can change the RSU grant. At staff it's supposed to be 60K per year. Recruiter probably added new hire grant of another 160K to make it 400K over 4 years. But that's still the Grant amount. Ask about the vesting schedule.
- Op must have told about expecting offer from Google to Walmart and recruiter freaked out to not lose another candidate without knowing the exact offer details from G and prepared the competing offer most likely with tricky vesting schedule. Meanwhile, recruiter at G told salary based on past historical data for Walmart Labs and gave that as verbal offer. OP You should try to negotiate better with G.
Anyway exact story only op can tell. If done right then G would have beaten that offer also considering no stock refreshers at Walmart Labs op you should decide carefully apart from the other consideration mentioned by Walmart folks in this thread.
- Walmart tBOR65Walmarts offer seems to be off. 400k initial grant seems to be way too high, unless they finally realized they need money to hire talented people.
Anyway, watch out for the vesting schedule, rsus, 401k...etc have 1 year clif when I joined.
Did you get team matched to cloud? If you don't like it, why not pick other teams?