Does team match help before hiring committee and how much weightage does it carry ? Or is team match for candidates who haven't done well on site. I have had 6 matches with teams after onsite, so hope it is worth the time.
TOP 50 Comments
- Intel RTwW43To be clear I’m not trying to be negative. I’m in a similar position and this is based on what the recruiter told me. Highly positive or negative packets are easy decisions and the rest need more info like team availability etc
- The new policy for all senior levels are team match b4 HC. Regardless of interview and team match, HC can reject and there seem to be more of these rejects the more higher the levels are...
- Google EAjE15New process is team match and HC happen in parallel. Neither affects the other. If feedback is mixed they may go fishing for a HM that wants you before heading to HC. If nobody wants you I don’t know what happens
- I know this is an old post but I just wanted to add that before I even did my onsite interview my recruiter told me that I would be doing a team match before the hiring committee. I think that this is just their new way of doing things and doesn't have much to do with your interviewer feedback. Hiring committee is deciding on me today, fingers crossed!
- I went through the same. Team match before HC usually mean you may be on the border line. If any team express a good interest, then recruiter ask the manager to submit a letter on why you are good enough to be considered. If that is strong you can sail through HC easily.
So fingers crossed
- It helps to the extent that if you’re borderline then instead of a straight reject, they spend a few mins and consider interview feedback. The idea being that a fully positive packet or 4-5 strong hires is an easy decision but anything else needs more context like available headcount. They also do team match earlier if you’re targeting a very domain specific/non-L3 position.
I’d suggest not getting hopes up too much since HC primarily based decision on interview feedback