Google vs Facebook vs Netflix engineering culture
Question for folks who have worked at Google and one of the companies (Facebook/Netflix). How would you compare the culture there? In particular:
* amount bureaucracy, how much development slowed down by all the "processes" - meetings, sync-ups, "design discussions" etc...
* amount of office politics, co-worker relationships. How supportive your peers/managers? Did you have situations when peers tried to push back your work to avoid you make any progress?
* are good and clean engineering solutions valued? Is "solution complexity" considered a good thing for promotion and that is why everyone overcomplicates their work?
* How transparent and honest the upper management with engineers? Or put other way how much BS, hypocrisy and misleading information coming from the management.
* do you feel that you do "the right thing" that makes your users happy?
* ... anything else related to the culture
Honest answers with little or no koolaid are very welcome.