Google vs. Yelp - wtf leveling difference
current TC: let's just say ~$180k
I passed the Google interview and got a team match, but
- as L3 (new grad level), which is insulting as I have 3.5 YOE and
- requiring a second onsite.
According to the recruiter, range is ~$125k-$129k (no wiggle room) plus ~$200k equity (TC: $179k?)
I also got an offer from Yelp, with:
- IC3 (senior) and
- base $150k with ~$250k equity.
(TC: $212.5k? without signing bonus)
What the fuck, Google? There is literally ZERO overlap between the two levels.
My second round Google onsite is mid-week next week (and we know how slow Google is - I asked to move it to this week but they moved it by one day instead of one week lmao) - is it even worth bothering with Google at this point seeing as how they want to downlevel me to hell?
I asked the recruiter to match my Yelp offer and she said "no we put a lot of thinking into your level. we're not moving you." ???!! Google doesn't GAF about even trying to match offers I guess?
- Tell me about the cultures (both are for front-end) - the good, bad, and ugly
- If you don't work for either company, do you have thoughts about all of this? Stick with Yelp? Wait out Google?
- If you do work for either company - are either of these offer estimations accurate? Anyone got anything higher or lower?